have: charleston, sc 5th annual plant swap

cactusrequiemApril 3, 2008

It's that time again folks! Charleston South Carolina 5th Annual Plant Swap. I can't believe this is our 5th year already!!

So without any further ado:

PLANT SWAP

CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA

MAY 10th, 10am set-up and browse....11am swap...imediately afterwards...LUNCH!

This year we are having it at Park Circle in North Charleston, by the Gazebo. There are picnic tables, bathrooms and LOTS of room for kids to play and even more room for plants, parking and food. I know we had a little problem last year with Restrooms, I am going to have a chat with North Charleston Rec. Department and hopefully have THAT rectified..

Pretty much everybody in Charleston is familiar with Park Circle....there are numerous ways to get to it, depending on which way you are coming. If you want or need directions you can leave a posting, I will get it and respond ASAP.

The way we swap will be the same... the basic Free For All. I will say go, everybody will grab ONE (1) plant and take it to their hiding area. After everybody has a plant, we repeat the process. Nice and Simple!

We will have plates and napkins and such, Please bring your own drinks and food for as many as you can. We like to do a Pot Luck style picnic and encourage everybody to stick around and participate. The socializing afterwards is as much fun as the swap itself, please try to give yourself enough time to stay and enjoy yourself!

Please post here also if you know what you are going to bring. We won't end up with 15 types of Potato Salad that way.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

I always hope to double the previous years attendance, I believe we had 18 show up and well over 300 plants last year. Tell your friends, neighbors and anybody else you can think of....2008 will be the best Plant Swap YET in Charleston!

If you have a specific plant you want or have, feel free to post it here and we can set up the special swaps earlier, maybe at 10:30.

Happy Growing Folks! Get those seedlings and cuttings started!

Darren

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brookiejunk(8)

This sounds like lots of fun. But is it normal for anybody to just show up? I'm not from the area, about an hour. But it sounds like lots of fun. So you bring a plant in a pot and something for lunch? Thanks.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 11:18AM
cactusrequiem

Hey Brookiejunk,
YES! Anybody can come. If you are an hour or so away, you might want to bring numerous plants and really make it worth your while.
Food is optional, but it is as much fun, if not more fun, than the swap itself!
Where are you coming in from?
Darren

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 11:42AM
plantsonthepoint

I am so excited! I thought the closest swap was in Raleigh! I live in Yemassee and WILL attend on the tenth! I know I have some altheas (pink I think), heuchera (purple and chartreuce), iris (unknown at this time), canna( indian shot.) I'll see what else I have that I can divide or root in time. I can probably bring a jambalya type dish. Let me know if anything else is needed. Also, can you please send directions from Hwy 17? Thanks.
---Keith

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 1:07PM
cactusrequiem

Bump this puppy back up!
Keith, I will send you an e-mail.
If you don't get the e-mail, directions for you are REAL easy.
17-North
Take I-526 East towards Mt. Pleasant
Then take the North Rhett Exit (Don't know the number)
Turn right at the bottom of the ramp
North Rhett will basically dead end AT Park Circle. You should actually be able to see the gazebo when you get to the circle.
Darren

Bookmark   April 16, 2008 at 6:54PM
cactusrequiem

I know there are more people that want to see this!
BUMP!
Darren

Bookmark   April 16, 2008 at 7:03PM
plantsonthepoint

Thanks so much Darren. I look forward to meeting other plant nuts like me.

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 11:13AM
cactusrequiem

Hey Keith,
Looking forward to meeting you.
Can't wait, only 20 more days....Bring on the swap!
Darren

Bookmark   April 20, 2008 at 8:46PM
Joyce Knight

Hi Darren, I just live up the road in Goose Creek. I hope to be able to make it to the swap this year. I have lots of plant starts that I can bring. I look forward to meeting new gardening friends. Joyce

Bookmark   May 3, 2008 at 5:26AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Any interest in a Charlotte plant swap on Sun, Oct 20??
If a few people are available, I'll book the picnic...
elaine5678
WANTED: Dixie Regional Hosta Meeting May 2014
FYI If you are interested, I can send you the email...
plantbug
HAVE: Charlotte Spring 2014 Plant Swap
The 2014 plant swap is set for Sunday, May 4 at 2pm...
elaine5678
WANTED: Free potting soil
Correction: HAVE - Located in Anderson, SC. Must be...
erin08 (SC z7/8)
HAVE: Have - Plant Sale May 24th
I'll be having a plant sale this Saturday, May 24th....
erin08 (SC z7/8)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™