WANTED: Tricyrtis I.D.

Ralph Whisnant(z7b-8 NC)April 13, 2008

At last spring's Raleigh plant swap or in the fall of '06 I received a variegated Toad Lily that is not Samurai nor Variegata. It has the most attractive foliage that I have seen in a Toad Lily - It is variegated yellow and green, but rather than just the edge being yellow, the yellow is in the form of wavy lines all through the leaves. This plant was one of the first to come up in my shade bed and is spreading. It looks like the Tricyrtis 'Lightning Strike' that I saw at Plant Delights during their February open house. Can whoever brought it help me i.d. this Toad Lily? I am including a link to PD's picture of T. 'Lightning Strike' for reference.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of Tricyrtis 'Lightning Strike'

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)

Ralph, I did several special trades of Lightening Strike spring of 06 and a bunch in the general swap. It's taken till now for mine to recover, lol... It does come up before the others too.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 12:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ralph Whisnant(z7b-8 NC)

Thanks, Deborah. I am sure that must be what I have, then. And it came from you. To think, I almost paid PD's big bucks for a plant that I already have. I have divided the plant that I had in a pot and will have some for the plant swap. I think that it is gorgeous - its only downside seems to be that the slugs seem to prefer it to everything else planted around it including my hostas. By the way, I sprayed the plants in this shade bed with some Neem Oil that I had mixed up for another purpose and the slugs have not been on these plants since.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 1:13PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Spring 2014 Raleigh Swap - Food List
I'm bringing Cranberry Chicken Salad and/on Croissants. John:...
jdbheartsease
WANTED: Raleigh Fall Swap & Picnic 2013
Come one. Come all! The Raleigh Fall Swap will be held...
trianglejohn
WANTED: Spring 2014 Raleigh Swap
Reposting from John on our fall swap thread: Posted...
MagickMare
WANTED: Dixie Regional Hosta Meeting May 2014
FYI If you are interested, I can send you the email...
plantbug
WANTED: Black Magic Elephant Ears
I am afraid I lost all my Black Magic EEs due to the...
Dolly1241
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™