WANTED: upright hosta

dirtrx(z7nc)May 7, 2006

I suddenly have a place for a "upright" hosta. I am not sure of a name or proper description. It is one of the hostas that almost looks like a fountain. It is taller rather then wide. I made a small berm and thought that an upright hosta would look like a piece of art, adding character to my berm. I know I have seen them at PDN but I am not planning on heading down that way physically or fiscally. Is there a place you can buy one of those around N. Raleigh or does anyone have one to swap. My trade list is incomplete but I have several things I can divide. I have a shady yard/plants.

Also would love to swap some leatherleaf ferns. Thanks. Shannon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dawgie(z7NC)

Two good upright hostas that are relatively easy to find are Sagae and Krossa Regal. Segae has large medium green leaves with yellow margins, and it is very "architectural" in form. Krossa is a frosty blue with similar form, but leaves aren't as large. You can often find both of these varieties at places like Lowes and Home Depot this time of year for about $5 or so.

Bookmark   May 8, 2006 at 7:56AM
dirtrx(z7nc)

Thanks Dawgie. I can see I will be going to Lowe's sometime this week lol. I bet I have looked at those two names but it never crossed my mind that the box stores would have something beyond the ordinary except by accident. Thank you Shannon/Dirtrx

Bookmark   May 8, 2006 at 5:22PM
dawgie(z7NC)

I had some Sagae divisions at the plant swap a couple of weeks ago, but they went quickly. I got mine at Lowes a couple of years ago, and it has grown fast. Got my Krossa at Home Depot last year. I have grown both of mine in pots until just recently, when I planted them in my yard because they were getting so large.

Bookmark   May 8, 2006 at 9:00PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Food List for Raleigh Fall Swap 2013
I'm so excited about this swap that I thought I would...
countrygirl_sc
have: earl, nc plant swap sept 14th.
Plant Swap Location: Earl City Hall 569 Crow Rd, Earl,...
aquadragonfly
HAVE: Free Potting Soil
Located in Anderson, SC. Must be able to load yourself....
erin08 (SC z7/8)
WANTED: Spring 2014 Raleigh Swap
Reposting from John on our fall swap thread: Posted...
MagickMare
wanted: plant swap in greenville, sc
We would love to host a Plant Swap in Greenville SC...
tbug
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™