wanted: have: mondo grass (triangle)

dawgie(z7NC)May 6, 2006

I dug up a 6'x4' patch of Mondo grass today to make room for a new hosta bed. I don't want to go through the trouble of mailing it, but if someone in Triangle could use some Mondo grass, send me an email. I plan to transplant some of it to other places in my yard, but will still have a lot of it leftover. It makes a very nice groundcover for shady areas, and will gradually fill in to make a dense mat that is not invasive. It's the dark green variety, about 6" in height, with a nice weeping form. Not to be confused with liriope. I live in North Raleigh off Durant Road.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tamelask(z8a NC)

you wouldn't be talking about japanese forest grass would you? i would gladly drive up for that. i'm in garner. tammy

Bookmark   May 6, 2006 at 9:53PM
dawgie(z7NC)

What I have is Ophiopogon japonicus, usually called Mondo grass. What you are talking about (I think), is Hakone grass, Hakonechloa macra. I don't have any of that to trade.

Bookmark   May 7, 2006 at 8:36AM
dirtrx(z7nc)

Has the grass been spoken for? I live in North Raleigh and would love to have some Mondo Grass. Except for Tuesday most of the week is clear for me. PLKM. Shannon/Dirtrx

Bookmark   May 7, 2006 at 6:04PM
tamelask(z8a NC)

i was interseted in the hakonechloa, you were right. i'm so busy right now, i'll pas on this one. shannon, have fun! thanks, though, tam

Bookmark   May 8, 2006 at 11:46PM
Jean Hidden

Any left? I would like to try it in a shady area, if it is still available. I live nearby in North Raleigh.
Thanks either way!
Jean

Bookmark   May 17, 2006 at 12:17PM
dawgie(z7NC)

Jean -- Yes, I still have some Mondo grass left. It's been sitting bareroot now for about a week or so, but it's in a shady area and we've had several rains, so it should be OK. Send me an email if interested.

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 3:25PM
ncgardner(7B)

OK, I'm sure the grass is all gone by now but if not please send me an email. I'm in Raleigh and would be able to pick it up Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I don't care what kind of mongo grass it is. Need all I can get.

Bookmark   June 4, 2006 at 10:58PM
pbdavis2000_hotmail_com

want all the mondo grass I can get

Bookmark   July 13, 2011 at 2:37PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Charlotte Spring 2014 Plant Swap
The 2014 plant swap is set for Sunday, May 4 at 2pm...
laineyplantgrower
WANTED: Red Cascading Rose - Raleigh Plant Swap
Hello, Does anyone have a red cascading rose that will...
jdbheartsease
WANTED: Raleigh Fall Swap & Picnic 2013
Come one. Come all! The Raleigh Fall Swap will be held...
trianglejohn
HAVE: Free Potting Soil
Located in Anderson, SC. Must be able to load yourself....
erin08 (SC z7/8)
WANTED: plants to swap
I am bringing these plants to the swap: Native grape...
plantbug
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™