mite damage on Ceph

paul_(z5 MI)April 12, 2009

Hi all!

My Ceph, currently residing in a terr until the weather actually warms up so I can put it back outside, looks like it is suffering from mite or thrip damage on the leaves. I haven't seen any sign of the actual pest though. Anything I can use on it to wipe out the pest without killing the plant or me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
taz6122(N.W. AR.6b)

Ortho systemic insecticide. Use the tray method of watering your plant and water it once with a mixture of 3 tbs per Gal. of water. Use gloves if you are scared after reading the warning. With the correct measuring spoon, a small funnel and a water jug it can be done safely without spilling it all over. Depending on how many plants that may be infected you might want to cut the recipe in half or even by the quart to keep from wasting. 2 1/4 tsp per Qt

Bookmark   April 12, 2009 at 10:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paul_(z5 MI)

Thanks, Taz! I had considered using Bayer's "Advanced Garden Rose & Flower" systemic as I do use that on my orchids when desperate. While I know many would "poo-poo" my concerns, considering I live in an apt and so run the risk of exposing myself to any poisons I use, I like to err on the side of caution.

Bookmark   April 13, 2009 at 2:54PM
More Discussions
WANTED: wanted pitcher plant
Hi all Im looking for pitcher plants or cuttings for...
renagirl-2008
Miracle Gro
:/ sigh Miracle Gro..... so it seems that this stuff...
ermaclob
Help with N. alata
Hi, We have recently added the wonderful pitcher plant...
Nagem
anyone have any pitcher plants or cuttings to spare
Hello all Just wondering if anyone had any pitcher...
renagirl-2008
Nepenthes for Beginner
I'm looking to start growing nepenthes. What I've researched...
mildew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™