WANTED: Source for Alfalfa Meal

ncgardner(7B)July 16, 2006

There have been many post concerning Alfalfa Meal or pellets for making the Alfalfa Tea. Could someone suggest a good place to purchase either the pellets or the meal in the Raleigh area. Also, is this the right time of year to start with the Alfalfa tea or should I wait till fall?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heather_q(7/NC)

I can't give you a source in Raleigh, though if you have a feed store nearby they carry it. I was always told not to put it out once we're within 6 weeks of frost because it would encourge new growth and frost could burn the plant. Do be careful as I burned a few plants pretty good with alfalfa tea (buddleia).

Good luck!

Heather

Bookmark   July 23, 2006 at 11:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
countrygirl_sc

Now is the time if you are going to. do not wait until fall. Probably any feed and seed store will have them. I put it on mine July 4th and had forgotten how really really really bad it smells since it had been a few years. Mine had been percolating about 7 or 8 weeks! You can scratch the meal or pellets straight into the soil. The tea just gets to the roots faster.

Heather, I am surprised you burned your buddleia with the tea! I didn't know you could do that!

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
wanted: plant swap in greenville, sc
We would love to host a Plant Swap in Greenville SC...
tbug
WANTED: plant swap
I also have to share: Money trees,red bud trees and...
elsiefay
Trade list / wish list/ giveaway list, for spring swap Yay!!!
Hello I think i figured how to start a thread on trade...
Sabji garden
WANTED: Red Cascading Rose - Raleigh Plant Swap
Hello, Does anyone have a red cascading rose that will...
jdbheartsease
WANTED: perennials in and around charlotte
I have a massive backyard which I would like to fill...
aeiger
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™