wanted: 2010 raleigh fall plant swap

jdbheartseaseJuly 30, 2010

Hi,

Any idea as to when and where the Raleigh Plant Swap will be? Several gardeners are interested in coming from the Winston-Salem area. I've got to get that on my calendar. Thanks, Judy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tophersmith

It's usually in Mid October
I am in need of some Lavender if anyone has some + anything that looks nice with Lavender.
Also looking for that Blue Fescue ornamental grass
Will have tropicals as always to trade

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 3:12PM
jdbheartsease

Topher, Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking back for a definite date & place. Unfortunately, I don't have any lavender or the blue fescue ornamental grass that your looking for. Not sure what I'm bringing, but should have a lot of plants that need dividing.

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 10:10PM
Ralph Whisnant(z7b-8 NC)

Plant Delights' fall open house weekends include Saturday September 11 and 18th. John, if the park is available that weekend, Saturday September 18th works for me and it does not conflict with the swap in Greensboro. I plan to start updating my Trade List this coming week.

Bookmark   August 1, 2010 at 9:13PM
trianglejohn

I will check this Wednesday if Saturday the 18th is available. Yay! This means I can have the 11th free to go up to Monticello for their big fall harvest festival with miles and miles of heirloom vegetables!

Topher - I gotz some lavender. Grown from seed so I'm not sure which one it is but it has survived all year for me so it should be mighty tough. I have some of the blue fescue too, but it is in the ground. I will try to divide it (easy to do) in time for the swap. That dwarf peach you gave me is doing wonderfully and has grown a LOT!

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 2:49PM
trianglejohn

Its official! - Saturday the 18th of September 2010. We have the Pine Shelter from 1 to 4 at White Deer Park in Garner. I will work up a formal announcement later on today.

Bookmark   August 4, 2010 at 12:44PM
jdbheartsease

Great! My neighbor and I are both planning on coming from W-S. I know that I've got white siberian irises that need dividing. I'll post later, other plants that I plan on bringing. Looking forward to it.

John - Thanks for coordinating this Swap!

Bookmark   August 5, 2010 at 9:57AM
lat4005(7b)

I just read the info on the swap and since I am new here (both the site and the area) I have no idea if I even have anything to swap. Am I able to just come out and see everything happen so next time around I am ready? I don't know that I will have anything to actually swap and since I have never participated in anything like this before it sounds like it would be fun to even watch. :) Is this permitted?

Bookmark   August 13, 2010 at 10:40PM
tamelask(z8a NC)

yep- newbs are welcome with open arms. After all, we were all there at some point, too. Bring food and all will be fine.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 8:56AM
MagickMare

Tammy - Do you still have any Contorted Mulberry that you'd be willing to part with?

I'd also love some lemon, lime, orange or citrus scented thyme.

I have Mexican Petunias & Bengal Tiger Cannas.

Bookmark   August 29, 2010 at 11:56PM
shari1332(z7NC)

magick- I'll be sure to bring some orange/citris thyme- seems like it always needs pulling out anyway.

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 12:56PM
tamelask(z8a NC)

magick- i'll be happy to bring you some cuttings of the mulberry. i have no idea if it's easy to root or not.

Shari, i'd love to get some orange thyme if you're pulling... what could i get for you?

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 6:27PM
tamelask(z8a NC)

Forgot to say right now i'm trying to whittle my pot ghettos, so i'll try to go light, on requests. But i really could use any flowering size cut flower type of plants for my fair gardens. It would have to be in even numbers (symmetrical design). Multiples are good- i'm looking for splash (but not pink or pastels- more in the reds, yellow, orange, magenta and purple side of things). So if anyone's thinking of pulling out potted stuff to make way for fall things, set some aside for me, pretty please! Doesn't strictly have to be cut flowers, but if they are it's better, since i'm in the veggies section this year. Oh, and i'm full sun. There's only about 2.5 weeks after the swap til the fair so unless it's container grown i don't think it'll have time to perk up if it's dug from the ground. Gangly is fine because i can plant close together.

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 6:47PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Plant Sale & Swap
I am having my Spring plant sale later this week on...
Ralph Whisnant
HAVE: Any interest in a Charlotte plant swap on Sun, Oct 20??
If a few people are available, I'll book the picnic...
elaine5678
HAVE: Free Potting Soil
Located in Anderson, SC. Must be able to load yourself....
erin08 (SC z7/8)
WANTED: plants to swap
I am bringing these plants to the swap: Native grape...
plantbug
WANTED: perennials in and around charlotte
I have a massive backyard which I would like to fill...
aeiger
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™