HAVE: Native Ruellia

alicia7b(z7b/8aNC)July 14, 2007

Not sure if anyone's interested in this, some consider it a weed, but it's a very pretty weed -- really outperformed itself this year, blooming for a very long time despite (or perhaps because of) the heat and drought. I can pot some up for the fall swap if anyone's interested.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brenda_near_eno(Z7a)

I'm in - it's something I've wanted to add for a while. Oooooooh, swap time coming up, need to start potting and rooting babies! What is date again?

Bookmark   July 17, 2007 at 12:26PM
keithrnjd(7b)

I'd love to have some, too! I have lots of cuttings, etc. getting ready for the fall swap!

Sally

Bookmark   July 17, 2007 at 6:33PM
karen__w(z7 Durham, NC)

So what do people want for the fall swap? I need to start figuring out where to concentrate my energies. I missed the spring so I've got lots of pent up swapping to vent.

Bookmark   July 17, 2007 at 7:40PM
alicia7b(z7b/8aNC)

OK, great, I'll pot some up then.

Sounds like it's time to start a swap thread!

Bookmark   July 18, 2007 at 12:27PM
shari1332(z7NC)

Karen, just bring one of everything and I'll think I've died and gone to heaven:>)

Bookmark   July 19, 2007 at 6:33AM
tamelask(z8a NC)

me, too, me, too! ; )
i can't wait for the durham leg of the garden tour to see karen's spread. it must be amazing with the plants she brings.

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 10:04PM
karen__w(z7 Durham, NC)

After three weeks of vacation with no dogs on the premises my garden seems mainly a study in what rabbits do and do not like to eat! I think I personally supported at least one or two generations of bunnies, and if there's an explosion in the deer population I'm sending them all back over to Brenda's for dessert. Adding insult to injury, in my anger and haste to spray the Tree Guard I accidentally sprayed my basil.

I hope everything grows back before fall, otherwise I'm going to have to cut up those pastel colored egg cartons and stick them on the ends of branches where the flowers should be.

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 11:06AM
tamelask(z8a NC)

how disheartening!! nothing like coming back from vaca to a munched or crispy garden- my fear each time. but, i can save you some pretty egg cartons if you want... lol.

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 1:46PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Plant Sale & Swap
I am having my Spring plant sale later this week on...
Ralph Whisnant
HAVE: Any interest in a Charlotte plant swap on Sun, Oct 20??
If a few people are available, I'll book the picnic...
elaine5678
HAVE: Free Potting Soil
Located in Anderson, SC. Must be able to load yourself....
erin08 (SC z7/8)
WANTED: Dixie Regional Hosta Meeting May 2014
FYI If you are interested, I can send you the email...
plantbug
HAVE: Maiden & Monkey Grass in Triad area
I have 10 3-year old clumps of Maiden Grass + about...
seasons
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™