WANTED: Looking at dates for the Triad Swap - G'bro/Winston/High

rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)July 18, 2007

OK, I'm looking at dates for the Fall Swap. This all depends on when the shelter is available but looking at Sept the 22nd, or 29th (holiday weekend so prolly not a great choice) or Oct 6th. Last year we had it on the 7th of Oct and had that fluke cold rainy day. I don't think I ever remember that early in October being that cold!! I think we solved that problem with the tarps and heater this spring (lol), that was kind of cozy! Would appreciate everyone's input on this. Thanks!

D

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
squirrelspur(6B/7A NC)

Hi rootdigger:
I'm interested in the Oct date although open to others. I will have nursing clinicals from 7am-1pm on those dates so hope the hours will allow me to attend, I"m in Surry County so then would need some travel time.
I do have some Ceanothus americanus - New Jersey Tea from your list. They are small seedlings that were ws in 2006 but are still small, maybe this plant is slow growing? Anyway, maybe I can figure out how to get plants to you & others even if I cannot attend.

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 6:41AM
rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)

Squirrlespur, I hope you can make it, if not I'll try to work something out with you as far as any special swaps. Some of us usually hang around chatting afterwards.

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 6:17AM
squirrelspur(6B/7A NC)

Hi rootdigger:
Had a meeting at school and clinicals may not be on Sat after all! So I will vote for the Oct date.

squirrel

Bookmark   July 28, 2007 at 6:40AM
woodsworm(7a NC)

I definately have a conflict and could not go on Sept 29.

Bookmark   July 28, 2007 at 9:58PM
rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)

OK, I think I may shoot for the 22nd. Might have company on the 6th, won't know for a while. Woods, I pretty much ruled out the 29th due to it being a holiday weekend. If my son comes in on the weekend of the 6th it'll have to be the 22nd. Squirrel, I'm so glad they decided not to do clinicals on Saturdays! I have company coming from Atlanta today but will get back here when I can, to talk plant swapping with ya!

Bookmark   July 30, 2007 at 11:48AM
quirkpod(7 Lewisville NC)

I want to attend, from Lewisville NC (outside W-S). Where will this be held? Here's my trade list.

Here is a link that might be useful: list

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 10:02AM
rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)

Hey Robin, This will prolly be held at Oak Hollow Park on Hwy68 (High Point) which is where we've held it before. I'm kind of waiting on something the 23rd of this month before I can book the shelter. After that I should be able to give more details.

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 10:00AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Plant Sale & Swap
I am having my Spring plant sale later this week on...
Ralph Whisnant
HAVE: Free Potting Soil
Located in Anderson, SC. Must be able to load yourself....
erin08 (SC z7/8)
WANTED: Black Magic Elephant Ears
I am afraid I lost all my Black Magic EEs due to the...
Dolly1241
WANTED: Raleigh Fall Swap & Picnic 2013
Come one. Come all! The Raleigh Fall Swap will be held...
trianglejohn
have: earl, nc plant swap sept 14th.
Plant Swap Location: Earl City Hall 569 Crow Rd, Earl,...
aquadragonfly
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™