WANTED: 2012 Raleigh Fall Swap

trianglejohnAugust 10, 2012

Raleigh Fall Swap 2012

Saturday September 29th, 2pm til 4pm

Pine Shelter - White Deer Park - Garner, NC

Everything will be the same as in past swaps. We have the shelter from 1:00pm til 4:00pm so show up early if you want, help people haul plants to the shelter if you can.

Hopefully the late summer rains have helped everyone's garden flourish, and hopefully everyone has been propagating like mad men (plants, I mean plants!). As in past swaps we continue to have no rules, you are free to haul anything gardening related to the swap and give it to another gardener - this includes live plants, seeds and bulbs, cuttings, pottery, tools and surly teenagers as long as they know how to weed. There is also space for "Special Trades" off to the side. For those of you that are new (Newbies - we love newbies!) the general swap is the main event that takes up the most time outside of the pot luck picnic. The Special Trades area is not for "Special" people, it is for pre-arranged one-on-one trades between you and another swappers. Special Trades are often arranged on a separate thread here in the Exchanges subforum. So advertise whatever extra special plants you have and plants you want and see if anyone is interested in arranging a special trade with you.

One thing that sets our swap apart from others is that we do not require you to even bring plants to participate. We always have way more plants than people. If you feel guilty taking something for nothing you can always bring food for the potluck picnic held after the general swap (anything with butter, sugar and chocolate chips is much appreciated).

I will go over the basic rules before the swap begins. I hope to see everyone again.

Here's the town of Garner's web page about the park:

http://www.garnernc.gov/Departments/Parks and Recreation/Parks.aspx?ID=25

An easy way to get there is to take the Beltline to exit #299 and turn South (away from downtown Raleigh). The road you are on is Hammond or Person (it has two names). Stay on this same road as it crosses Hwy 70, by now it has changed names to Timber Drive. Take Timber Drive all the way to Aversboro Street and turn Right (this intersection has a Wallgreens, a CVS and a Lowe's Foods). There is a small city sign showing how to get to White Deer or Lake Benson Park. White Deer Park is on the right side of the road. There is a church on the opposite side of the street. If you see a big wooden sign for Lake Benson you have gone one short block too far.

Once you enter the park take the first turn to the left and drive until you see the big parking lot. I think the parking lot is one way. Our shelter is after the turn and right up against the parking lot. Look for the small sign that says "Pine" up on the eave of the building. There is a map on the park website above.

The parks address is: White Deer Park 2400 Aversboro Street Garner NC 27529

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdbheartsease

John,
Thanks for hosting/posting this. My neighbor and I are planning on coming and bringing plenty of plants. We'll see you there.

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 6:29PM
plantbug

I am looking for any canna w/red blooms. What are you looking for in a trade? In the next few days I will be posting my list of plants I will be bringing to the swap.

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 11:08AM
brenda_near_eno(Z7a)

Should I create an event in facebook for it, do you think?

Bookmark   August 18, 2012 at 8:51AM
trianglejohn

Yes Brenda, I think you should. If Mike has any photos from past swaps I would post one of them too - just to show newbies what it looks like.

Bookmark   August 18, 2012 at 10:40AM
    Bookmark   August 18, 2012 at 8:29PM
brenda_near_eno(Z7a)

I think this link works.

Here is a link that might be useful: facebook Swap

Bookmark   September 1, 2012 at 11:16PM
jbarutis(7b)

I'm planning to attend the swap & looking forward to seeing everyone!

Would anyone be interested in a Curry Leaf Tree (Murraya koenigii)? It's a sensitive plant, but the leaves are great for cooking.

Ralph, I'd love to try Shell Ginger again! Thanks.

Jeri

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 8:14AM
brenda_near_eno(Z7a)

bump to top for address, directions

Bookmark   September 29, 2012 at 9:49AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Loropetalum
Hi all, I have 3 large loropetalum in the front of...
fallsbagger
HAVE: Maiden & Monkey Grass in Triad area
I have 10 3-year old clumps of Maiden Grass + about...
seasons
how to send a private email to other members
Can someone post 'HOW TO' for this? i do not see anyway...
Sabji garden
WANTED: Spring 2014 Raleigh Swap
Reposting from John on our fall swap thread: Posted...
MagickMare
WANTED: Greenville Plant Swap
Greenville Plant swap on October 5th from 1PM to 3PM- All...
tbug
Sponsored Products
Uptown Mesh Drum Pendant by Hammerton Studio
$895.00 | Lumens
Jofran 875-60 Kura Espresso Canyon Gold Solid Rectangular Dining Table
Beyond Stores
Highpoint Collection 50/50 Double Bowl Granite Composite Undermount Kitchen Sink
Overstock.com
QCA Spas Hot Tubs & Accessories Malta 4-Person Plug and Play 10-Jet Spa with
Home Depot
T3 Single Pass Whirl Curling Wand
$130.00 | FRONTGATE
Varaluz | Masquerade 1 Light Teardrop Mini Pendant Light
$195.00 | YLighting
Northgate Floor Lamp Electric Outdoor Heater - EWUR730SP
$229.00 | Hayneedle
Cypress Conversation Table
Fifthroom.com
People viewed this after searching for: