WANTED: Blue tinge ornamental grass

charliesaunt(7)September 10, 2006

Has anyone in the Winston-Salem area planted this ornamental grass and had it come back the next year. In most areas this is an annual. I've planted it this year for the first time in between our various elephant ears and it looks tremendous. Want to know if I will have to replace it all next year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)

I'm not sure what grass you're talking about, but there are several things that could effect it. I know there's a weird pocket somewhere between W/S and K-ville that seems to be abt a 7b instead of 7a. Good soil drainage helps,... Placement could make a difference. Near a south facing wall or drive could help it. I think the biggie though will be just what kind of winter we have. The last few have been mild, last one super mild! If we get a cold one I think some of the things I've been surprised that made it through winter are going to be in serious trouble, especially my borderline tropicals.

Have you looked into maybe saving seed if it's not sterile? That's what I use to do with my bunny tail grass.

Bookmark   September 11, 2006 at 12:08PM
More Discussions
WANTED: plants to swap
I am bringing these plants to the swap: Native grape...
plantbug
WANTED: plant swap
I also have to share: Money trees,red bud trees and...
elsiefay
WANTED: Free potting soil
Correction: HAVE - Located in Anderson, SC. Must be...
erin08 (SC z7/8)
WANTED: Loropetalum
Hi all, I have 3 large loropetalum in the front of...
fallsbagger
WANTED: Fall 2014 Raleigh Plant Swap
The Raleigh Fall Swap will be held Saturday, October...
trianglejohn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™