WANTED: Food List forRaleigh Fall Swap 2008

dirtrx(z7nc)September 4, 2008

I started the food list for the Raleigh Fall swap under the conversation section :). Dirtrx

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)

Shannon, just wanted to say your chocolate eclair was yummy as always and Tammy that pear/kiwi was wonderful! I need to addd that one (recipe) to my box?

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 10:51AM
tamelask(z8a NC)

Rooty tooty- there wasn't much of a recipe- i winged it. I nuked the pear pie filling ahead of time since the pears were so stinkin' hard. Started with about 6 cups of diced up pears. After the pears were softening (like 10 or more minutes on high power), i added just a bit of sugar, a squeeze or 2 of lemon juice & @2 tsp cornstarch mixed in a little water to make it into filling. Added in about tsp ground ginger, dash of nutmeg & cloves for spice after it had thickened. I took one of those premade pie crusts (raw) layered in the halved hardy kiwis, then put the precooked pear pie filling in and cooked it for an hour. And after all that some of the pears were *still* firm- and they were mostly ripe ones! Keiffers are too stinkin' hard, no doubt. Oh, I mixed up a bit of oatmeal, brown sugar and a couple pats of butter for the crumb crust, too. Can you tell i cook by the seat of my pants? LOL

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 11:51PM
rootdiggernc(Z-7A NC)

I cook the same way, bit of this, dash of that (lol), so your directions made perfect sense to me,... Thanks!

Bookmark   September 30, 2008 at 7:53AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Raleigh Fall Swap & Picnic 2013
Come one. Come all! The Raleigh Fall Swap will be held...
trianglejohn
HAVE: Have - Plant Sale May 24th
I'll be having a plant sale this Saturday, May 24th....
erin08 (SC z7/8)
wanted: plant swap in greenville, sc
We would love to host a Plant Swap in Greenville SC...
tbug
HAVE: Free Potting Soil
Located in Anderson, SC. Must be able to load yourself....
erin08 (SC z7/8)
WANTED: Free potting soil
Correction: HAVE - Located in Anderson, SC. Must be...
erin08 (SC z7/8)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™