Henry Shaw Cactus and Succulent Society Show

bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MIJune 14, 2012

Is anyone attending this show (Henry Shaw Cactus and Succulent Society Show) in St Louis, July 7th ~ 10th? I guess it is a pretty big show for the mid-west... Not that I'd know since I've never been to any C&S show!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cactusmcharris

Howard,

I'd love to be going, but I have to teach 40 mules to bray in harmony. I hope you get to go and have a fabulous time. I still remember my first one (the San Diego June Show) and, well, not to give too much away, prepare to be blown away.

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 5:26PM
jeepman69(8b)

Howard, you really should go. Take a list of wanted plants and something to carry them in.

Glenn

Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 10:09PM
bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI

OK, now you both have me very excited! So what should I expect? Should I get there when they open on the first day.... wait a day or two for better pricing.... it doesn't matter, the prices are what they are and the selection is better earlier in the show.... what??????? I'm so mentally compromised! LOL

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 7:12AM
jeepman69(8b)

The couple that I have went to I got there before the doors open the first day. Show 1 had a ton of people and I missed a couple of the plants I wanted even though I got there early. Show 2 I got there the same time, not as many people and I got quite a few plants and had time to browse. So I guess it depends on the show.

Glenn

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 9:49PM
More Discussions
Help with jade plant growth
I have had my jade plant for over 10 years and it has...
jpkaylor
preparing the new season
A first post on Houzz. This is a picture from the beginning...
hablu
Dirty Cactus
Help! The new growth on my cactus is nice but the...
trini1trini
Crassula ovata rot?
Okay so I was given a large cutting last Thursday and...
Hamza Nobes
What kind of succulent is this?
Hi there. We cant seem to find what kind of succulent...
filipfilm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™