WANTED: Raleigh Swap Follow Up

tophersmithOctober 8, 2007

It was great to put faces behind the names, I fell I came away from the swap with not only a great bunch of plants but more planting knowledge.

Thanks to all, see you in the spring

Chris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elaine5678

I'm so excited! That was my first plant swap and I absolutely LOVED IT!! I brought my mother-in-law with me and we just had the best time meeting people, listening to facts and opinions about plants, snacking and the thrill of the grab and run! The hardest part was choosing which plant to 'stalk' (ha ha!) for the next bell-- so many beauties to choose from!

I can't wait for the next one... this is only twice a year...?!? Thank you all for a great event and to TriangleJohn for organizing this.

Bookmark   October 8, 2007 at 5:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ralph Whisnant(z7b-8 NC)

John, thank you again for all you did to acquire the shelter and make this swap happen. It was great to see everyone again, and I am really excited about all the new "stuff" that I brought home. I am really excited about one plant that I picked up during the "grab session". It is a Red-Leaf Hibiscus acetosella 'Haight Ashbury' that has multi-colored cut leaves that makes it look like a small Japanese maple. I have been growing H. acetosella 'Red Shield' this summer against the west wall of our brick house and love how well it has done during our record heat. But this new cultivar 'Haight Ashbury' is stunning. To top it off, we recorded Bryce Lane's program on UNC-TV Saturday and watched it Saturday night. He always selects a plant of the week and guess what it was? H. acetosella 'Haight Ashbury'. Whom do I have to thank for bringing this gorgeous plant?

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of Hibiscus acetosella ' Haight Ashbury'

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 12:39AM
More Discussions
HAVE: Spring 2014 Raleigh Swap - Food List
I'm bringing Cranberry Chicken Salad and/on Croissants. John:...
jdbheartsease
WANTED: Red Cascading Rose - Raleigh Plant Swap
Hello, Does anyone have a red cascading rose that will...
jdbheartsease
HAVE: Free Potting Soil
Located in Anderson, SC. Must be able to load yourself....
erin08 (SC z7/8)
WANTED: Spring 2014 Raleigh Swap
Reposting from John on our fall swap thread: Posted...
MagickMare
WANTED: plant swap
I also have to share: Money trees,red bud trees and...
elsiefay
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™