HAVE: Green Hawthorn seedlings

alicia7b(z7b/8aNC)November 29, 2007

I had thought these are possamhaw (Ilex decidua) but they are actually hawthorn, Green Hawthorn most probably. If anybody wants one let me know and I'll save it for the spring swap, otherwise they're going to the compost heap.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancedar(z7NC)

I'd love to have any you wish to part with or divide amongst us. I have a variety of trees on my property but no Hawthorns of any kind! I'd love to have a thicket of them. I can wait until the Raleigh Spring Swap > sigh Thanks.
Nancy the Nancedar

Bookmark   November 29, 2007 at 11:56AM
alicia7b(z7b/8aNC)

OK, I will keep them then. I have 9 nine now, and have probably put that many into the ground already. I should have known they weren't holly. Not that I mind that they are hawthorn. I have not been able to propagate any holly except for a couple of winterberry cuttings that may not still be alive after the drought. Holly seeds must take 2 years or more to germinate, and I always run out of patience before then!

Bookmark   November 29, 2007 at 12:56PM
Tammy Kennedy

i might be interested in one. i *think* that i have a hawthorn but can't recall for sure. that rings a bell. i'll have to look it up and double check. i know i'd love to get a parsley hawthorn. there's one out at the fairgrounds in the native society's garden that i've been drooling over. they are so pretty!

Bookmark   December 3, 2007 at 1:41PM
alicia7b(z7b/8aNC)

Tammy I just took some berries from one of my parsley leaf hawthorn by the creek, so I may have one in the spring. I gave one to Brenda in a swap and have been wanting to ask her how it's doing.

Bookmark   December 7, 2007 at 10:48AM
Tammy Kennedy

oh boy, alicia- i would owe you a big honkin' special trade for that! let me know if you have any luck getting them to sprout. thanks bunches! t

Bookmark   December 9, 2007 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Any interest in a Charlotte plant swap on Sun, Oct 20??
If a few people are available, I'll book the picnic...
elaine5678
HAVE: Maiden & Monkey Grass in Triad area
I have 10 3-year old clumps of Maiden Grass + about...
seasons
WANTED: Wanted: fall divisions in alamance, orange county area
I am looking for any fall divisions that any one might...
PrincessFruitcake
wish list/ wanted
Is anyone bring Tuberose bulbs and Indian Jasmine...
Sabji garden
HAVE: Charlotte Spring 2014 Plant Swap
The 2014 plant swap is set for Sunday, May 4 at 2pm...
elaine5678
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™