HAVE: Seeds of Hibiscus dasycalyx

brenda_near_eno(Z7a)December 4, 2005

30 of these were given to me and I'd like to share half of this rare (according to Plant Delights) Texas native with someone else who grows natives. Also if anyone knows anything about H.dasycalyx germination and cultivation, I'd be truly grateful for any advice.

B.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dirtrx(z7nc)

Brenda, if you haven't had any takers I would love to try and wintersow a few. I could keep one and bring the rest for you to swap. But I also noticed someone just posted a want for this seed either on the seed exchange or wintersowing exchange. PLMK. I'll see you at the seed swap. Shannon

Bookmark   December 5, 2005 at 4:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alicia7b(z7b/8aNC)

I have one of these and have grown a couple from seed. Mine are in moist but not wet rich soil, which is where any hibiscus will do well; it's not as large as the one in the NC Botanical Garden but it's about 4 feet tall. I don't know if they can live happily in standing water like H. coccineus and moscheutos or not. Germination of the seed was also like other hibsicus; I don't usually bother to nick or soak the seed although this can speed up germination; I just sow outside in pots in early and let the heat and rain soften and swell the seeds.

Bookmark   December 5, 2005 at 10:15PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Greenville Plant Swap
Greenville Plant swap on October 5th from 1PM to 3PM- All...
tbug
HAVE: Maiden & Monkey Grass in Triad area
I have 10 3-year old clumps of Maiden Grass + about...
seasons
HAVE: Food List for Raleigh Fall Swap 2013
I'm so excited about this swap that I thought I would...
countrygirl_sc
WANTED: Red Cascading Rose - Raleigh Plant Swap
Hello, Does anyone have a red cascading rose that will...
jdbheartsease
WANTED: Loropetalum
Hi all, I have 3 large loropetalum in the front of...
fallsbagger
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™