My cape sundew

thelittlepiglet(9)June 27, 2013

Hello guys I need some help with my cape sundew! I'm new to carnivorous plants and have heard that this is a great starter plant into the hobby! I have had my cape sundew for a week now with bad results. I keep the sundew in an east facing window with a white light on it also with about 1000 lumens for the plant. I originally kept the plant very close to this light and the leaf closest to it shriveled up, so I cut it off. A new leaf grew but is much paler and didnt have any dew, along with all the other leafs. The leafs had no dew when I originally bought it from Home Depot and I don't know what to do to get the dew back! I only used distilled water and I have it in a tray full with distilled water. So I would like to know of what I'm doing is wrong, and what am I doing right? Please anyone respond to this ASAP before my little planty dies!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomr(Z6 NY)

Your plant is acclimating to it's new home. Give it more time. You seem to be doing fine so far with your care.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 9:49PM
thelittlepiglet(9)

Thank you Tom! It died about a month after i bought it :( my guess is not enough humidity, and the plants bought from Home Depot are already in a state of shock from improper in-store care. On to the next plant!

Bookmark   June 30, 2014 at 5:00AM
tommyr_gw

Wow, that was some delayed reply! LOL! Sorry to hear it died. TRY AGAIN!

Bookmark   June 30, 2014 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
New to this. Did I kill it?
I have had a nephthenes/tropical pitcher for a few...
Deir
anyone have any pitcher plants or cuttings to spare
Hello all Just wondering if anyone had any pitcher...
renagirl-2008
What would you call the crown jewels of the CP world?
OK, I read recently a great topic of what's my favorite...
jonocross
Nelenthes 5 basal shoots on 1 plant!
My newish nepenthes, not sure what kind since it was...
mora2817
Mold... *Sigh*
Well, I screwed up. I didn't cover up the plants dormant...
David146
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™