Nepenthes

ken2256(5b)July 17, 2013

Got my first at a grocery store here,I have never seen them offered around here before, i was told by an acquaintance this store had only 2 left so i rushed there and was lucky , they had one left, good size plant for only 15 bucks, after closer looks it was actually 2 plants in the hanging planter! so far its thriving out doors in this heat remarkably well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tommyr_gw

It should be fine as long as it gets watered and is SHADED. congrats! They are not cold tolerant so inside it should go this fall.

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 6:33PM
ken2256(5b)

Hey tommy, yea i was excited for sure. I have it where it receives morning sun, then i move and hang it under a tree when the sun is blazing.. it gets partial sun, so far everything seems ok, thanks

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 10:50PM
teisa(6)

I just recently bought one of these also. Had mine about 3 weeks. It is doing good! I've got a picture posted where I ask the variety.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 7:38PM
ken2256(5b)

hey teisa, yea same here about 3 weeks,yea the pic looks like the one i got, all i have found out is that i think its the high land type, which is good one to start with, not too picky, ;-) mine was last one at grocery store.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
Pitcher Plant for a Beginner...
I'm new to carnivorous plants and was interested in...
iheartroscoe
Venus flytrap dormancy
hi I just wanted to know the best way to get my Venus...
compostworm5
Blooming seedling
Hello all - Here is a picture of Venus Flytrap seedlings...
jebfarm
Help with Southern Purple Pitcher Plant
Hello. I need some advice about growing and caring...
arvadalanee
Nepenthes for beginners
Hi, I used to be a member of Garden Web years ago when...
HollowOakFarm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™