what's blooming?

rebaru(z5 QC)February 29, 2008

I was born and raised in South Carolina, but now I live in Quebec. We are having the most snow in decades, a very wintry winter. It would do me good to hear that spring is on the way. What's happening down there?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ncrescue

Almost all of the early spring bulbs have started, especially jonquils. My hellabores are probably the prettiest they have ever been! Spring beauty is popping up, and some of my hepaticas have been blooming off and on for about a month. A couple of my trilliums are in bud, and I noticed a Magnolia stellata about to open, although in town I have seen some already in full bloom. I even saw the tops of Atamasco lily and shooting star beginning to emerge. It's happening!!

Bookmark   February 29, 2008 at 7:46PM
Tammy Kennedy

here's an ongoing thread on just that topic

Here is a link that might be useful: what's blooming

Bookmark   February 29, 2008 at 9:14PM
trianglejohn

I noticed wild Dog Tooth Violets (Erythronium) starting to bloom on my lunch time walk today. In a few weeks they will be at their peak. They are one of my favorite wild flowers.

Bookmark   February 29, 2008 at 9:43PM
rebaru(z5 QC)

amazing! thanks, y'all! i've got a few feet of snow! one time i went south by car at easter. snow here. as i went south things changed by the minute. got as far as d.c. and caught the cherry blossoms by accident. went back home to the snow, but had spring twice that year. i didn't pay much attention to gardens when i was young in the carolinas. yours sound ravishing!

Bookmark   February 29, 2008 at 10:06PM
More Discussions
Rain barrels and soaker hoses
Here I am a aqain and gonna pester y'all one more time....
jimtnc
anyone grow Pseudosasa japonica?
Does anyone on this forum have Pseudosasa japonica?...
cousinfloyd
Dwarf Tomatoes - Anyone Growing Them?
I recently acquired a copy of the excellent new book...
Ralph Whisnant
Wanted: bamboo shoots from large bamboo
I'd like to harvest bamboo shoots from large bamboo(to...
lillon
Hello all, long time no speak
It's Nannerbelle. I already had a ID on Houzz so this...
rottie59
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™