free compost giveaway dates 2008

quirkpod(7 Lewisville NC)February 21, 2008

Forsyth County Parks Dept is giving away free leaf mold to anyone who can show up with a truck or trailer to haul it off. All they ask is that you cover it with a tarp for the trip home. Contact 336-747-7308 Steve Dolan, Parks Dept. for more info. Dates: Good Friday Mar. 21, Sa. Mar. 22, Sa. Mar. 29, also Apr. 5 and 12, while supplies last. My plant swap is Apr. 5th here in Lewisville. Contact me for directions. Y'all come! :-D

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alex_7b(7b/8a)

Isn't it an allergen?

Bookmark   February 22, 2008 at 11:48AM
quirkpod(7 Lewisville NC)

It may be remotely construed as an allergen, but neither my DH or I have gotten sick from it in 6 years, and we are both prone to allergies. So we give it the thumbs-up! If you are allergic to mold, you may not want to take advantage of this free and wonderful resource. Even if you are allergic to mold, simply take an antifungal to keep your allergy under control and there wont be any problem. I have been reading about the true cause of chronic sinusitus for which doctors have mistakenly been giving antibiotics for, when all we need is an antifungal. Look into it here http://www.know-the-cause.com and here http://www.naturalcures.com

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 1:04PM
jamoswife

Hi, thanks so much for the information. I was wondering if you had the address for the give away. I called Mr Dolan and didn't even think to get the address. Is there usually a long wait? Do you know if they usually run out before the dates are over? Thanks again!!

Bookmark   March 12, 2008 at 6:28PM
quirkpod(7 Lewisville NC)

I dont have the address. Call him back. Perhaps the website will help.

Here is a link that might be useful: city of WS

Bookmark   March 14, 2008 at 9:15AM
love2garden-nc(7)

Hi everyone, I'm new to trading and GW. I spent the day spreading free mulch. It was a great day for it--plan to do it again tomorrow. Happy Easter everyone.

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 9:25PM
monisha

Thank you all for the great tip off.

My DH offered to bring some the first day and I believe he had company with another gentleman doing the same thingy...shoveling the mountains of mulch with a spoon size shovel.

Next day was more productive ;-).

Bookmark   March 24, 2008 at 3:53PM
More Discussions
Michelia figo
Is anyone in NC successfully growing Banana Shrub,...
transplanted2scin07
Free Talk re Edible Landscaping in Cary
Brie Arthur recently gave a talk at the Rock Garden...
Ralph Whisnant
Copper Canyon Daisy
Does anyone know where i can find seed or plants of...
Ralph Whisnant
butterfly habit Greensboro
Planning a butterfly habitat in Greensboro (church...
jimfnc
WANTED: Raleigh Area seed swap?
Raleigh Area seed swap?
brenda_near_eno
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™