Johnston County Rain barrels

mad_about_mickey(**7* *N.C.)February 23, 2008

There was a note in the paper today about Johnston Co. having a rain barrel workshop on March 10 from 5 to 8 pm at the livestock arena. Residents should register in advance. $35.00 gets you a barrel and instructions on how to attach the hardware. It doesn't say if the hardware is included......one per household....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deirdre_2007(7)

Oh thank you!!!! I will be marking my calendar. I told my husband last night before bed that I wanted some for my birthday/Mother's Day present. At this price, I can get two!!!!

I live in Clayton in Johnston Co. Uh, where exactly is the livestock arena?? Thank you so much for the head's up.

Bookmark   February 24, 2008 at 10:22AM
mad_about_mickey(**7* *N.C.)

The arena is located right near the land fill. Take note that the small blurb printed say's ..." Residents should register in advance. For $35.00, each person attending the workshop gets a barrel and instructions on how to attach the hardware. The limit is one per household." What exactly does that mean? And it does'nt say what size or type they are. I am going to call and see what kind of info I can get.

Bookmark   February 24, 2008 at 1:51PM
deirdre_2007(7)

I googled the arena and found their website. You need to register by the 29th of February, and each resident can take home 1 55 gallon rain barrel. My DH said he would go and make me a barrel for my b-day/mom's day. They are having 3 different sessions, one at 5, at 6, and at 7. Each session last an hour.

Again, thank you so much for the information.

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 11:02AM
More Discussions
Farm lands in and around Wake County?
I am planning on buying 3 to 5 acres of farm land....
aaaaaaaa
Agave victoria-reginae hardiness
Hi, Has anyone successfully grown these outside in...
seedmoney
Copper Canyon Daisy
Does anyone know where i can find seed or plants of...
Ralph Whisnant
Hello all, long time no speak
It's Nannerbelle. I already had a ID on Houzz so this...
rottie59
Symposium in Greensboro, NC
Guilford Horticultural Society has announced its 30th...
ncrescue
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™