Garden Centers in the Triangle, NC

laulauFebruary 28, 2008

Hi all,

I'm wanting to take a road trip to NC, probably the Raleigh, Durham area. I'm looking for exceptional garden centers to tour- places with high quality plants, new & unusual, or large specimen items. I know every place has those 5 garden centers that are run of the mill and those 1 or 2 special ones that really stand out. Any recommendations? Thanks a bunch!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tamelask(z8a NC)

If price is no object, in & around raleigh logan's, plant delights (you'll need an appt unless you hit an open house),fairview, atlantic avenue, homewood nurseries are a few that pop to the top of my mind. durham/chapel hill have niche & camellia forest and sanford has fig floomers (sub b's for the f's). I don't know if any of these are in danger of going out of business because of the drought- but some really good nurseries have already gone out of business, so that factors in. this area predrought had an unusually wide collection of really good nurseries. i really hope that doesn't change any more than it already has because of short sighted policies.

Bookmark   February 29, 2008 at 8:52AM
More Discussions
Dwarf Tomatoes - Anyone Growing Them?
I recently acquired a copy of the excellent new book...
Ralph Whisnant
Fruitmania GS 2015
If you will be in the Charleston SC area on January...
cactusrequiem
Neem plant?
Hi, Where can I buy neem plant in Raleigh NC? Or can...
aaaaaaaa
Agapanthus in the Triad Area?
Has anyone had any success growing Agapanthus in the...
GreenfingerGene
Mushroom growing workshop?
Hi all, Is there any edible Mushroom growing workshop...
annanc14
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™