size diffrental between typical red Capensis and d.Capensis Albin

doowop_6116September 28, 2007

hi ..I was wondering if any one know's the size diffrental between drosera Capensis red typical and drosera Capensis Albino ? Both plant's I have are only plantlet's . ty and cheers

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mutant_hybrid(8)

Hello doowop 6116,

Alba variety D. capensis (White Leaf) sundews typically grow about 5 inches in size while the Red Leaf D. capensis typically get about an inch larger.

Bookmark   September 28, 2007 at 11:19AM
doowop_6116

ty very much Mutanthybrid . Is there a diffronts in the widness of the leave serfice as Var d. Capenis (white Leaf ] And the D capensis Typical red Var. ? Right now My White plantlet has the widest leaves ,,Broader in size and leaves are up to 3 larger paddle shape leaves ..and 3 spoon shaperd leaves .. While the Typical Red nerrow leaf red Variety has Three Paddle shaped , There first'. This plantlet is 8 months old ..first stage leave development Going into second phaze of growth development . Both grownen in full morning and late after noon sun light . And under lights // with no high humitity . Good luck and happy growing . Mutanthyrird ''. ty for answering my question .

Bookmark   September 29, 2007 at 1:15AM
mutant_hybrid(8)

Hello Doowop 6116,

I can only commment from pictures and information I have read about those varieties as I have not grown them. I tend to grow the typicals and the narrow leaf varieties. From Petiolaris's pictures on this forum, it appears that the Alba produces wider leaves than the Red Form capensis.

Bookmark   September 29, 2007 at 10:48AM
More Discussions
Pitcher Plant for a Beginner...
I'm new to carnivorous plants and was interested in...
iheartroscoe
Advice on Venus Fly Trap care
Hello everyone, I just recently I bought a venus fly...
fuzzywolf
What would you call the crown jewels of the CP world?
OK, I read recently a great topic of what's my favorite...
jonocross
Cloth in pitcher plant
I just wonder, what would happen if a cotton or polyster...
mrcactus747
Sarracenia Barba brown tips
I bought a Sarracenia Barba earlier this year and it...
juneyp
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™