knockout roses raleigh,nc

chips4000March 12, 2011

Anyone know the best place to buy knock out roses in raleigh, cary - best prices?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trianglejohn

Since I got my hand slapped by GW for mentioning a business by name on a previous thread I will point out that by the rules of Garden Web we aren't supposed to say anything that can be considered advertising.

I will say that the cheapest knockouts I've seen are at the state run - rhymes with Pharmers Narket. But they often don't have a wide selection (mostly the pink double last time I checked).

Bookmark   March 14, 2011 at 9:30AM
chips4000

Thank you - i would have never considered going to the "narket" - will check them out next week...

Bookmark   March 19, 2011 at 3:41PM
trianglejohn

I saw them there in the fall and they may have had them on sale to move them out for something else. They were pretty big and only $5 per bush (in bloom). Sometimes I see tiny bare root ones at one of the big box stores for around $10 but you would have to wait a year to see blossoms.

Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 9:20AM
tamelask(z8a NC)

oh, the 'narket' is a great place to get stuff! They mark down things periodically and have many vendors competing, which tends to keep prices reasonable. Just be aware of what you can get it for somewhere else. Plus you know you're supporting local guys instead of big box stores. win win win.

Bookmark   March 22, 2011 at 8:26PM
ditnc(7 NC)

I got some GREAT deals last year at the big box stores, toward the end of the spring selling season. My yellow knockouts are blooming now and they smell so great!

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 6:57PM
More Discussions
Neem plant?
Hi, Where can I buy neem plant in Raleigh NC? Or can...
aaaaaaaa
Errosion on active creek
I need help saving the large trees on the banks of...
kellyinnc
Hello all, long time no speak
It's Nannerbelle. I already had a ID on Houzz so this...
rottie59
Agave victoria-reginae hardiness
Hi, Has anyone successfully grown these outside in...
seedmoney
What's this cold doing to my Gardenias
I planted 2 Frost Proof Gardenia's last September....
Gigi z 7B, Upstate SC, USA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™