hmm, wonder which plants may still be there

paul_(z5 MI)June 18, 2012

Went up to visit the folks this past weekend (about 4 hrs north of my apt) and won't be heading home for a few more days. With the hot summer temps already here, I had relocated almost all of my succulents outside on my balcony. This evening a rather impressive storm system came through my folks' area -- don't know if it went far enough south to reach where I live. I was actually at a Lowes garden center when it hit. The wind was strong enough that even under the roofed outdoor section one still got wet. I was about 30ft (about 9m?) or more in from the roof edge but as the deluge pounded down, the wind whipped a spray of fine droplets horizontally through the entire length of the garden center. On the one hand it was very impressive to see -- haven't seen a storm like that in years. On the other, is the realization that if those high winds did indeed reach far enough south of here to sweep across my balcony (I'm on the 3rd floor), I could very well find myself missing quite a few plants. No, I'm not going to agonize over this -- wouldn't do any good to do so -- but I am going to be interested to see just how they fared.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ssk22

Paul
I was in that same storm ,that came so fast I didn't have time to move my plants.the plants were all over .busted pots ,busted plants. Just when they were starting to look good.We needed the rain, but not the plants.
I am in Ohio near Toledo
Sharon

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 10:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI

I think you'll be fine, Paul. While we had some nice hard rain and some wind, it wasn't as impressive as what you had up north. As you know, all of my stuff is outside and it did just fine.

Sharon, sorry to hear about your situation. But they will all grow new again and be just as much a joy to watch.

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 2:05PM
More Discussions
Jade prune going back farther than expected? Normal???
Hey, This Jade has been through a lot and I've posted...
deva33 Z5 SE Iowa
Help needed with cutting
Hey guy I have a neighbour who has this jade first...
Hamza Nobes
Sometimes rot ends well
Here are some pics of a jade that started as a chunk...
Nil13 usda:9a sunset:21 LA,CA (Mount Wash.)
Prevent mix from falling out drain hole - what do you use?
I have a few particles falling out the bottom of my...
Bama_Joe
Rosary plant or string of hearts help
Can I propagate from leaf? I also received a tubular....
chicagardens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™