Need fresh bay leaves

KatyaKatya(6)March 26, 2013

Dear fellow gardeners, I am going to post this in several forums, so excuse me if you see it many times. I am looking for somebody who has a bay laurel tree (Laurus nobilis, of the plant family Lauraceae, also known as sweet bay), big and strong enough to spare a few branches for me. I am in search of fresh leaves, not dry ones, and I need more of them than I could afford if I buy fresh ones ( where fresh ones are available, it is going to be a few sprigs in a small plastic case at a prohibitive price). Also, my use for them is not a food use, so I donâÂÂt care if the tree is growing next to a highway etc. I am ready to pay reasonably for them (or could swap? What are you looking for?). I am willing to drive a couple of hours to get them. I know that in a mild climate, bay trees grow very well, so they should exist not far to the South from me. I am in Johnson City TN and bay trees do not perform well here. I need the leaves around the last week of April, so there is still time. Thank you very much for your patience, I know it all sounds weird but gardeners are used to everything. I will be checking for replies. Katya.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trianglejohn

I have a small tree in a pot. How many leaves do you need, or how many branches? I'll take a photo and post it tomorrow. If you need a large amount, there is an herb shop here in Raleigh that has really large trees in their showcase garden. I don't know how their trees have done with our recent freezes. Email me if you want their info.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:29PM
More Discussions
Hello all, long time no speak
It's Nannerbelle. I already had a ID on Houzz so this...
rottie59
Dwarf Tomatoes - Anyone Growing Them?
I recently acquired a copy of the excellent new book...
Ralph Whisnant
Wanted: bamboo shoots from large bamboo
I'd like to harvest bamboo shoots from large bamboo(to...
lillon
Fruit trees/plants/vines....
I have ever bearing Strawberries, one blueberry, thorn...
Sabji garden
Why is my contorted filbert growing straight?
I have a contorted filbert that I've had for years....
efine50
Sponsored Products
Sunnydaze Easy Access Fire Pit Spark Screen, 40 Inch Diameter
SerenityHealth
Modway Casper Stackable Dining Side Chairs - Set of 4 - Clear - EEI-908-CLR
$420.00 | Hayneedle
Classic Playtime Bench - Espresso - KG026-EP
$79.99 | Hayneedle
Corner Pin-up Plug-in Golden Bronze Lamp
Overstock.com
Cerno | Onus LED Table Lamp
$405.00 | YLighting
Hampton Bay Black Linear Live-End Power Feed with Cover Plate for Linear Track L
$11.98 | Home Depot
Taupe & Ivory Zigzag Throw Pillow - Set of Two
$34.99 | zulily
Hampton Bay Outdoor Lighting. Universal Solar Light Ground Stakes (4-Pack)
$4.97 | Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™