Monarch Campaign Ideas / Plight of the Monarch
I spent hundreds of hours working with the Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy on their Monarch Campaign. We created some great handouts and information. Please feel free to download this information and use it to start a campaign in your area. The link is posted below.
Our campaign has 5 main elements:
1) Sharing the story of the Monarch through community programs, school events, partnerships with other groups and organizations
2) Restoring habitat and planting Monarch Waystations at schools, homes, churches and businesses that will flourish for Monarchs and other wildlife
3) Raising and releasing Monarchs, especially in the late summer and fall
4) Connecting with communities in Mexico where our Monarchs overwinter and supporting restoration efforts there
5) Establishing a recurring program, because this is a marathon, not a sprint.
Here is a link that might be useful: Monarch Campaign, Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy