Stylidium/triggerplants

ltecato(9)September 7, 2008

From what little I've read, these plants are somewhat like droseras and fairly easy to cultivate. I tried searching for posts about them in this forum but apparently there are none. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hiddenjungle(zone 6, NY)

From my experiences the hardest plants to grow are temparates and easiest are tropicals, but it might just be because of my zone i have to do a little extra work to overwinter my temparates, i currently grow, d. adelae, and d. capensis and they are very easy, any tropical plants are easy to grow but if your a begginner i would stay away from heliamphora, cepholatus, which require little more care than say a nepenthes or drosera, check out cobraplant.com for info on temparates and tropicals

Here is a link that might be useful: cobraplant.com

Bookmark   September 7, 2008 at 9:46PM
petiolaris(Neutral)

Coincidently, I happen to be growing them. They're new to me this year and what I have read is that they are cultivated like a sundew. I had a pot in a window sill and one outside. Neither are doing better or worse than the other and neither are doing anything extraordinary. I have no flowers. Here is a picture from a month or so ago:

They look better than that right now and hope to have updated pictures this week.

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 10:27AM
petiolaris(Neutral)

Bookmark   September 15, 2008 at 11:18AM
ltecato(9)

Petiolaris: They look a bit more like pings than sundews. Anyway, I've got one coming in the mail. I probably spent too much on it, but that's how I am with plants, especially carnivores.

Bookmark   September 15, 2008 at 4:56PM
petiolaris(Neutral)

They are cultivated like most sundews, but aren't related to sundews. They're also new to me, so I'm learning as I go.

Bookmark   September 16, 2008 at 12:36PM
More Discussions
Please help?! Nepenthes got too hot:(
Hi I've been growing Neps for about 2years now, I love...
alex1122
Can dead sphagnum turn into live sphagnum?
I'm noticing some green patches in my LFS. Is it live...
outsiders71
My huge pitcher from propagation (N. ventrata)
Hi I'm new in this forum and I want to show you my...
NepenthesGrower
Advice on Venus Fly Trap care
Hello everyone, I just recently I bought a venus fly...
fuzzywolf
Artificial lighting for Sarracenia?
I lived in Zone 10 (San Francisco) and moved from a...
rms9004
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™