Sad when your 4-Yr old has more sense than you

deirdre_2007(7)March 18, 2009

What a beautiful day to be working out in the garden. Since I have so much to do outside, my daughter and I set out around 10:00 to go play and work or work and play in the garden. She was a fabulous helper. I am so excited at the amount of work I got done. I was putting in some landscape edging that I picked up over the weekend, and I was trying to get as much as I could in, while the soil is still pliable. I could have kept working and I really really wanted to, and I was a wee bit cranky because I was so very close to finishing one area, but the poor girl was tired, hungry and thirsty, so what can you do?

I've given her a shower and lunch and now she's tucked into bed. Why is she smarter than me? Because of course I over did it and I'm feeling the hurt right now. Every muscle hurts. I'm telling you weeding, mulching, hammering and raking and general yard clean up, is a much more strenuous workout than the 40 minutes I did on the elliptical last night. Had it not been for my girlie, I would have stayed on working out there, and I'd be practically crippled right now.

More Discussions
Raleigh Spring Swap details posted
I've posted the details of the Raleigh Spring Swap...
trianglejohn
Dwarf Tomatoes - Anyone Growing Them?
I recently acquired a copy of the excellent new book...
Ralph Whisnant
Seed swaps/Garden Clubs in Cary NC area.
Hi all, I moved to Cary area just past week. I have...
aaaaaaaa
When to transplant crepe myrtle trees?
We are new to the site and have enjoyed reading the...
bigcatonhd
Fruitmania GS 2015
If you will be in the Charleston SC area on January...
cactusrequiem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™