I think i know what my mystery dew is!

melenkoleeOctober 13, 2009

I've been surfing all over the place trying to combine the mysterious label of "scovp" with images of my little mystery dew...and if one has terrible handwriting, we can guess that maybe the V is actually supposed to be an R because my plant looks EXACTLY like a d. scorpioides!

Mystery solved! Now, can scorpioides and that itty bitty lake badger handle the same indirect light situation as the capensis and adelae? What about the d. binata, p. moctezumae and d. spathulata? Right now they're all in the same tray, same medium, same lighting that I had set up for my original adelae...

~Jen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tommyr_gw

I have a few scorpiodes. They get bright indirect light and a little late afternoon Sun. I think your others will do fine in the same conditions although I'm not positives as I don't have any of those.

Bookmark   October 13, 2009 at 12:21PM
petiolaris(Neutral)

That makes sense. Here's mine for confirmation:

Bookmark   October 14, 2009 at 9:53AM
melenkolee

That's the critter, down to the hair on its fuzzy little neck! Except mine is a lot smaller lol...and the leaves are all curled down from being shipped, but it seems to be perking up a bit. All the new plants seem to be doing pretty well - the lake badger, adelae and the p. moctezumae are showing some decent shock, but everything else seems to be holding up to the trauma. I hope I'm taking care of all of them properly! All but the n. "judith finn" are in a tray with the same indirect lighting I had for the adelae, supplemented by some CF bulbs because not only are our days getting shorter, it's been a few days here since we've seen sun at all! My mystery "death cube" nep is even showing signs of a new pitcher, and while still in the cube, is happy now with no lid! A couple more weeks and that one will be repotted! And exciting news...Miss Miranda has caught her first flies all by herself! (Jen, stop picking at the plants, lol...)

Bookmark   October 15, 2009 at 8:42AM
petiolaris(Neutral)

Normally, Neps can pout for several weeks, even months. Sundews take at least a week before new growth appears. Mexican butterworts are the quickest to respond and the easiest to ship. Pygmy sundews tend to be poor shippers and best sent as gemmae. Except fo the D. adelae, you can now increase the direct lighting.

Bookmark   October 15, 2009 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
Conditions for Cephalotus seeds?
What conditions are necessary for germination of the...
townhouserOnt
Blooming seedling
Hello all - Here is a picture of Venus Flytrap seedlings...
jebfarm
Pitcher Plant for a Beginner...
I'm new to carnivorous plants and was interested in...
iheartroscoe
WANTED: wanted pitcher plant
Hi all Im looking for pitcher plants or cuttings for...
renagirl-2008
Venus Fly Trap Germination Chambers
Yesterday I set up four little pots that are covered...
Squishy666
Sponsored Products
Ribbed Jar Set
$8.99 | zulily
Ala Wall Lamp by Leucos Lighting
$403.38 | Lumens
Raine Leather Sleeper Sofa - Brighton Lemon Grass Yellow
Joybird Furniture
Echeveria Art Print
$22.99 | Dot & Bo
Bright Idea Mug
$24.99 | Dot & Bo