Echeveria Rot Help

babygreensJuly 21, 2014

This (left pic) was my succulent a little over a month ago, the leaves were yellowing/browning and getting soft. I suspected it was rot so I dug it up looking for "black slimy roots" that people have mentioned on other threads. This being my first succulent, I couldn't tell if there was rot - roots looked normal/not slimey.

Just in case, I cut off the offshoots and pulled some healthy leaves and cut off the crown. In a week, they were all rooting so I planted them. Now two weeks later, a lot of the leaves have gotten brown and soft as well as leaves on the offshoot (right pic) and crown ...

What can I do to save my plant? Is this even rot? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Laura Robichaud

Echeverias naturally lose their bottom leaves. This plant looks healthy.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 8:32AM
amarloestodo

when you root a leaf the "mother" leaf will shrivel after roots and a new little plant has started. its true, they do loose bottom leaves but not that many...i think you are watering too much. just stop watering and let it dry out. leave it dry for at least a week.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 9:14PM
babygreens

Thanks for the suggestions. The leaves had roots but never produced a new plant, and just shriveled up. But the off shoot is doing well, loosing leaves at more normal rate now :)

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 5:43PM
More Discussions
Al's Gritty Mix
Need help finding Bark Fines and Gritty Mix in Greenville,...
Gigi z 7B, Upstate SC, USA
At a crossroads - potting - plastic or clay for indoor area?
I'm using gritty mix 1-1-1, mostly 4" clay pots...
Bama_Joe
Aeonium hybrids from Southern California
these always look great this time of year (their 'happy...
palmbob
Can you please name this succulent (Qatar)
This succulent was growing along with cactus, it looks...
maufie123
Rosary plant or string of hearts help
Can I propagate from leaf? I also received a tubular....
chicagardens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™