the VFT

insectoOctober 14, 2006

i was woundering wheather or not this set up was ok for my VFT

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n48/biotendon/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jonocross

Might be a problem. Just looked at your pics and I see a few possible issues. I don't usually keep my stuff in the tubes from walmart. Secondly, I'm not sure if left there if the plant is actually going to get enough light. You have some taller plants right behind it that might block it from those floresents and the top light looks like its a mile away.

All that being said... it ... might work, but I have serious doubts long term.

Questions... How and what are you watering it with? How long per day are your lights on? Why did you set the lights up like that... (personal curiosity hehe)

I've got pics of my set up on my web site, have a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tangled Web of Aracknight

Bookmark   October 15, 2006 at 9:48AM
insecto

well the bottum of the store bought plastic pot is cut out so that it touches the soil mix of peat orchid bark and construction sand in the tube. the water at the bottom of the terrarium is wicked up through the longish tub and the lights are in that manner because i know that flouecents have a hard time getting there spectrum of colors very far from there cyinders. can you see all three of them? One is a bulb. and the plasitic case over the plant is to help it to harden off eventually by ever cutting more holes in it to eventually remove the whole thing

i want to start posting pictures of the plant itself because i was thinking that anyone who looks could give me a plant diagnosis on its health. the'll be up later tonight

Rick R.O. 1:35pm; pacific, sunday, 15 oct.

please excuse my bad grammer etc..

Bookmark   October 15, 2006 at 4:39PM
insecto

im gonna have to bump this because i cant get pics up till tomorrow... sorry interested people. i will keep this plant healthy with your help.

Bookmark   October 15, 2006 at 10:26PM
insecto

well its not the 17 yet. here they are!

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n48/biotendon/

i tried to get some good shots of the leafs so that i could get some better diagnoses' of the plants health
is it true that rippleing along the edge of the leafs means that the plant is stressed?

Bookmark   October 16, 2006 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
Miracle Gro
:/ sigh Miracle Gro..... so it seems that this stuff...
ermaclob
Pitcher Plant for a Beginner...
I'm new to carnivorous plants and was interested in...
iheartroscoe
Might be a stupid question but......,,
Hi everyone! I have two nepenthes. I believe they're...
LilBit7765
Horrible Experience with Mail Order
I ordered two plants from someone with a great website....
treehugger101
Blooming seedling
Hello all - Here is a picture of Venus Flytrap seedlings...
jebfarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™