Where can I buy succulent/cactus?

plant_junkie(6)July 28, 2009

I am having a hard time finding places, online or not, that sell succulents/cacti. I am particularly interested in Agave and Rebutia. I have 4 Rebutia and 3 Agave and would like to be able to expand my collection. I figure my best route would be to buy online. Ive never bought plants online before so I dont know what to expect. Any help pointing me in the direction of a good online shop would be much appreciated.

Thank you

plant_junkie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawehe63(7)

try this website ive never bought anything from them but they have a large selection and at great prices

Here is a link that might be useful: Arid Lands

Bookmark   July 28, 2009 at 1:46AM
cactusmcharris

PJ,

I've never ordered from him, but I can vouch that he's a great guy, an honest nursery man, and what a selection of Agaves!

Here is a link that might be useful: Starr Power

Bookmark   July 28, 2009 at 2:58AM
tjicken

I have not had anything to do with them myself, but Miles' To Go and Mesa Garden have good reputation, even in Europe.

Bookmark   July 28, 2009 at 3:21AM
cactusmcharris

I second Miles, having been the beneficiary a number of times of his plants - you're not going to go wrong there.

Bookmark   July 28, 2009 at 10:28AM
madaxeman

Check out Cactus Mall.com . The is a large list of mail order cactus and succulent nurseries on there. Of course there's always Ebay.

Bookmark   July 28, 2009 at 12:35PM
cactusmcharris

If there are consistently good plants at good prices on Ebay, rather than the C&S sources previously cited, I'll eat my wool toque.

See the Aloe saponaria thread - compared with the good C&S nurseries, Ebay is fraught with disappointment and overcharging, IMHO. Of course there are some folks there who know what they're doing, and at a fair price too, but they're too few.

Bookmark   July 28, 2009 at 12:47PM
chrisb2008

I can highly recommed Yucca Do Nursery in Texas (www.yuccado.com). They're currently having a summer sale.

Bookmark   July 28, 2009 at 4:08PM
norma_2006

I vote for all of them, I have purchased plants from each of them, all are ethical. Plants may be small for shipping purpose, but most will out grow the pot after the first year. Be sure to tell the dealer where you live and let them make a suggestions. The Huntington which will have the correct names, and documentations, has plants as well, most private nurseries, have things that the others don't is you want the unusual and rare. Be sure to ask for catalogues before you order, go on line and see what are the prices, educate yourself first before you buy, I agree with Jeff, also the plant names on Ebay plants are not always accurate. You can buy the same plant with three different names. but still it's the same plant just purchased with different names. I hope I made some sense. Jeff is so right. I hate Ebay. Crasulady2

Bookmark   July 29, 2009 at 1:26AM
madaxeman

Hmmmmm....I must be one of the lucky ones regarding Ebay. I have gotten most of my best plants from Ebay. Did I overpay for some? Probably but if you have to have it, you have to have it. I have also gotten some for a steal. My experience purchasing cacti from Ebay has been overwhelmingly positive and all of my major disappointments have come from so called reputable nurseries. Go figure.

Bookmark   July 30, 2009 at 8:10PM
gong123321

craigslist.org!

Bookmark   August 3, 2009 at 12:36AM
More Discussions
Help ID'ing two plants please
I purchased these at a plant show last weekend. They...
808cs
Alex's Succulents Masterpost
Hey everyone! Hope this won't be too much of a bother;...
Alex
What is this and how do I propagate it?
I found this little bud/pup at school the other day...
Alex
Managed to kill it...
Well, I managed to kill a Lithops via dehydration......
breton2
Is it ok to plant this in the ground?
It's opuntia englmanii in the clay based houston soil....
spikef35
Sponsored Products
Progress Lighting Flood Lights. Low Voltage 50-watt Black Landscape Spotlight
$52.20 | Home Depot
Dura-Trel Sunburst 5-ft. Vinyl Lattice Arch Trellis - 11148
$64.99 | Hayneedle
Atlantis Tubs 3660VNWL Venetian 36 x 60 x 23 - Inch Rectangular Whirlpool Jetted
Beyond Stores
ClosetMaid Closet Organization Impressions 3-Shelf Shoe Organizer in Chocolate
$37.98 | Home Depot
Small Industrial Copper Shade with Adapter - Hardwire Light
Ballard Designs
Bronze Gold One-Light 36-Inch Accent Table Lamp
$169.10 | Bellacor
Sports Team College Art Glass Clock
Home Decorators Collection
Oxygen Lighting | iO LED Ceiling Light
$549.00 | YLighting
People viewed this after searching for: