What do you think of Carolina Gardening magazine?

alicia7b(z7b/8aNC)March 24, 2008

I used to get it years ago but quit when it started to seem like it was recycling stories. I still have several old issues though, including a profile of the sisters's garden on Gimghoul Road in Chapel Hill. (I have been a fan of their garden ever since I first saw it when running in their neighborhood over 20 years ago.) But I do wish it had more numerous and in-depth stories about local gardeners and even nurseries.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
razorback33(z7)

I also let my subscription expire several years ago. Some of the newer garden writers they used needed a refresher (or in some cases, Basic training), in the Horticulture field. It reached a point where it was no longer interesting.
Rb

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 1:03AM
mudqueen

I liked some of the articles, but it should be called North Carolina Gardening. Not much in it specific to SC gardeners, especially retail nurseries, garden centers, etc.

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 9:46AM
computergardener(z7 NC)

It is the type of magazine I subscribe to, drop and then resubscribe.

I enjoy it when it arrives but as others state, it does seem to recycle articles. If you have not received it in the past, I say it it a shot.

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 10:42AM
patskywriter

even though i pick it up for free at a local garden shop, i still find it boring. dully written, no personality. they need to jazz it up.

pat
durham NC

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 6:20PM
nonews(Zone 7 NC)

Being from the North, I do find it interesting so far. I also enjoy the ads and find some good information in them. Just my opinion. Nancy

Bookmark   March 25, 2008 at 9:14PM
hemlady(z7NC)

I found too, too many mistakes in the magazine and stopped my subscription. I am a daylily nut and an old garden rose nut. Every time they would have an article on either of these I would find statements that would have me seeing red because they were so WRONG! I realized that the articles about other plants that I don't know so well probably had mistakes too, and so I couldn't depend on anything I read. I quit reading. Denise

Bookmark   March 28, 2008 at 3:25PM
More Discussions
When to transplant crepe myrtle trees?
We are new to the site and have enjoyed reading the...
bigcatonhd
What's this cold doing to my Gardenias
I planted 2 Frost Proof Gardenia's last September....
Gigi z 7B, SC, USA
Errosion on active creek
I need help saving the large trees on the banks of...
kellyinnc
Fruit trees
Hi! We've decided we have room for nine more fruit...
HollowOakFarm
Neem plant?
Hi, Where can I buy neem plant in Raleigh NC? Or can...
aaaaaaaa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™