citrus

Milo56January 30, 2012

Ordered a meyer lemon from South Carolina,received broken package during cold weather in MA. Tree arrived potted in 1/2 gal.black plastic pot.I re-pot tree in bigger pot the same day.Tree already look sad.The next day all the lives where DRY.I call the company,they told me the lives wheel come back in 2to 3 weeks.Is it there a chance for this lemon tree? If it is how to treat this situation? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

We'd love to help you, Milo, but we don't have enough information to know just how bad the situation might be. Is there any chance that you could take some pictures to let us see this plant?

Bookmark   January 30, 2012 at 11:09AM
johnmerr(11)

Personally, I would ask the company for a replacement (send fotos of how it arrived); or I would ask them for my money back and get another tree in the Spring. It is not really the best time to be planting or repotting citrus. I think you are off to a bad start with a damaged tree. My rule of trees... You are going to have this tree for a long time and make a big investment in time, money and spirit; so start with the best tree you can find. It is kinda like buttoning your shirt... if you get the first button wrong, it doesn't matter how careful you are after that.

Bookmark   January 30, 2012 at 7:30PM
Milo56

Well a weary sad picture.A 3 ft toll toothpick with a couple small branches 3 to 4 inc long steel looks green, the rest of a plant 1/4 in thick steel looks greenish but absolutely no lives.Lives where all dry over night,10 hr after the tree arrived. The box was damage and left by the FedEx outside on a relatively cold temp. my pond was frozen that day completely.Same day arrived Nules Clementine, tree lost a couple lives the rest of lives steel closing. After re planting both trees the same day thoroughly water them and they got 12 hr of grow light worm 125w.Thanks for your follow-up AL Sincerely Milo

Bookmark   January 30, 2012 at 8:36PM
Milo56

Thank you Johnmerr for respond. I call company about situation and being told if three day till spring i will got a replacement.Not before and of march.is it anything to revive those trees quickly? Thanks

Bookmark   January 30, 2012 at 8:48PM
houstontexas123(z9a)

there's still hope for your trees, just shock from the cold and being in a dark box during the 2-3 days being shipped a few hundred miles.

just keep them warm and give them lots of light, place that light close to the plants for maximum photosynthesis.

Bookmark   January 30, 2012 at 11:52PM
More Discussions
Grapefruit Tree fertilizer
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding fertilizer...
Newtster
Kumquat :From seed to fruit in one year?
Someone tried to tell me that I can grow a kumquat...
italiangardner
Thomasville Citrangequat Zone 6b SUCCESS
Just wanted to let everyone know that my Thomasville...
rqhansen
Wish me luck - transplanted a 6-7 year old Golden Nugget
Planted too close to a bearss, the lime was towering...
serge94501
Strange happenings with lemon tree
Hi, This is my first post, upon finding your site. I...
alamedadad
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™