Nasturtiums and Cannabis

patmonk(10a: Sunset17)October 8, 2013

To avoid Nasturtiums taking over my garden next year do I need to remove all the pods that fall to the ground.
Anyone interested in starting a Bay Area forum on home grown medicinal cannabis for personal use.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Yes, you should scoop up the seeds so that they don't sprout. The nasturtium seeds, that is.

Bookmark   October 9, 2013 at 12:41AM
SFGuy

There is something rather disjointed about this post. I wonder why.

1 Like    Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 12:44PM
CA Kate

The incongruity made me smile. No Nastys in with the Mary Jane! ;-D

1 Like    Bookmark   October 11, 2013 at 1:30PM
RiversideDaveB

Looks like you never got a serious response about mmj. I'm a patient grower in so cal and would love to connect with other growers. Please let me know if you've had any other success in this regard. Thanks!

1 Like    Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 10:02PM
seysonn(8a WA/HZ 1)

Nasti seeds are very tasty when fresh. You can also grind it like pepper corn and/or use it as mustard.

OTOH: What will happen if they grow back next season? They are not invasive at all. You can always pull them and eat them. After all , nastis do not produce gazillion seeds.

Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 5:41AM
BarbJP CA 15-16/9B

Yeah, I agree, I've never seen nasturtiums become invasive. I'd just leave them. They are easy to pull out if they do grow somewhere you don't want them to.

And as this is a country and world wide forum, they probably wouldn't allow a cannabis forum,because of legality issues, even if it's now legal to grow where you are.

Try looking elsewhere on line, I bet there are lots of forums around on that subject. Google is your friend, lol.

Bookmark   May 30, 2014 at 2:00PM
farmerlino(4a)

I would be interested in a cannabis forum. Lots of plant cannabis breeders needing advice and the marijuana forums out there offer lots of misinformation when it comes to the science of the plant. And what a waste as this site has so many plant science contributors. Its legal in Colorado USA and many other states also. It Wont be long and most of the America will be legal marijuana states. And there is nothing illegal about talking about growing marijuana medicine in any of USA states. You don't want to distribute seeds out of state however, that's illegal for a short time currently.

1 Like    Bookmark   November 25, 2014 at 7:02PM
patmonk(10a: Sunset17)

No response/interest in Bay Area. I 'belong' to many other groups/forums but was interested in contacting other locals to share experience.

Bookmark   February 23, 2015 at 10:22AM
donk4kyv(z6TN)

I think the cannabis forum is a good idea. Cannabis in the form of marijuana and hemp have a wide variety of uses in addition to human consumption. Much of the currently curculating misinformation about the plant is intentional.

Bookmark   February 23, 2015 at 10:30AM
More Discussions
New home owner... looking for gardening ideas...
Hey everyone. I am a new home owner... there is currently...
Joseph Wind
Mother Nature Fooled the beans, Now Hurry Hummingbird it's up to you
Well the beans have come out of their husky winter...
Wild Haired Mavens
Is there an "easy" red Kangaroo paw???
I planted 2 "Big Red" KP about a month ago....
Sabine Halfhill
Avocado: Sharwil!
Folks, I've been looking for a source for a Sharwil...
NorCalNiko
Potatoes from Van Bloem Gardens
Does anyone know what potatoes are in the Van Bloem...
pbsjones
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™