What do you have planted around daylilies?

socksOctober 5, 2013

If I ever get myself out to divide the daylilies, I need to fill in the flower bed with something else in front of them. Any suggestions? Something that takes full sun but not too water loving after established. No other requirements.

Thanks for any ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al

My daylilies tend to take all the space in my beds, but I think if space was available, I would plant snapdragons, bright red ones. My last daylily is in bloom right now, bright yellow. My red snapdragons are also in bloom, they will now continue to bloom all winter and hide the declining daylies. when warm weather starts with daylily foliage the snapdragons will be through. Al

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 9:50AM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

I put them at the front of beds, in front of roses and irises. There isn't much in the perennial department that is short enough to go in front. How about thyme? Or catmint?

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 1:46AM
socks

I thought of thyme and have some elsewhere which I could just transplant as it has rooted in several places. I just want something to cover the soil a bit. I was thinking of the Mexican heather but not sure if it can take the full sun and might get too tall.

Thanks.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 10:18AM
More Discussions
Is there an "easy" red Kangaroo paw???
I planted 2 "Big Red" KP about a month ago....
Sabine Halfhill
Mango trees in SoCal?
Has anyone successfuly grown any type of mango tree...
wetfeet101b
Where to find a 'zone' map
I used to have a map to tell me what zone im in, but...
jkcali
Homeless Veteran Gardening
Hello, Well, I'm back after taking a rather serious...
bearstate
Mother Nature Fooled the beans, Now Hurry Hummingbird it's up to you
Well the beans have come out of their husky winter...
Wild Haired Mavens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™