Please Help, my plant may be dieing

Night1513November 28, 2013

Hi, I posed a few weeks about some help with my purple pitcher plant. Now this is the first time I ever own a plant like this, I just brought my plant home where it is much warmer.

As for the plant, I won it in a raffle a few weeks ago and it was doing fine until about a week or 2 ago.

It starting to furn brown, when you touch it it feels crispy like a dried up leaf. Also some of the pitchers are closing up.

I was thinking about it getting re-potted if it needs to be. But all I can remember is how guy who I won it from mention something that it was in a bag or something. I am willing to but all that is needed to keep this little plant alive. Please, I am going to post some photos of what I am talking about

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Night1513

here is another, a close up

Bookmark   November 28, 2013 at 1:08AM
Night1513

here is another

Bookmark   November 28, 2013 at 1:09AM
teisa(6)

Well I am by far no expert. But I do own one and have successfully kept it alive 6 months. First question, do you water it from rain water or distilled water? No tap right?

Does it get cold?

Lets start there and I hope someone else sees your post. Im afraid they think others have responded. I did because it looks like responses when you were really adding pictures. But pictures are Good at diagnosing.

Bookmark   December 2, 2013 at 12:18PM
tommyr_gw

These are OUTDOOR plants, not houseplants. Leave it outside. Keep in a shallow tray of rain or distilled water in full sun.

Bookmark   December 6, 2013 at 2:36PM
Sundewd(9B)

Also, again, I recommend removing it from that LFS- it looks packed and far too infested with algae. First step is to uproot it(gently) and see if there are any signs of healthy root growth.

Bookmark   December 7, 2013 at 3:46PM
More Discussions
Nelenthes 5 basal shoots on 1 plant!
My newish nepenthes, not sure what kind since it was...
mora2817
Dang whitefly infestation on pitcher plants
Hello dearies, I was wondering if anyone had a good...
Hoistthesails
Venus flytrap dormancy
hi I just wanted to know the best way to get my Venus...
compostworm5
anyone have any pitcher plants or cuttings to spare
Hello all Just wondering if anyone had any pitcher...
renagirl-2008
Pitcher Plant for a Beginner...
I'm new to carnivorous plants and was interested in...
iheartroscoe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™