Western NC garden centers

eleanorb190April 14, 2014

We will be moving to Rutherfordton area, between Asheville and Charlotte, sometime in next six months. Does anyone have any recommendations for garden centers an hour or less away? I am interested in perennials, shrubs, trees and herbs and am already aware of Jesse Israel and BB Barns in Asheville and Lowes in Forest City.
TIA!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dottie_in_charlotte(z7-8 NC)

Goodness, Ronnie..(and welcome to you!) use your google. I did and found several in that vicinity. No experience with any of them so can't recommend for or against.

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 6:05PM
eleanorb190

Thanks for your reply, Dottie. The reason I posted this is because I when I did a Google search I found wholesalers, landscapers and businesses that give very little information. Future neighbors get their plants from the local Lowes and Walmart Garden Centers. I thought maybe if I posted here someone might know of garden centers that a Google search does not reveal and/or one they can recommend from personal experience.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 12:51AM
jdbheartsease

Hi,
I just saw your posting. Not sure how far Painter's Nursery is from you, but I make the drive from Winston-Salem atleast once a year. I have always been pleased with the selection and the price. Info is as follows:
Painters Nursery
734 Roy Moore Road
Old Fort, NC 28762
828-668-7225

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 7:51PM
eleanorb190

Your reply is much appreciated, jdbheartease!!!!!
I checked it out online and it will be about a 45-50 min drive from my future home. Definitely my kind of garden center.
Thanks!!!!!

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 1:11AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Raleigh Area seed swap?
Raleigh Area seed swap?
brenda_near_eno
Greenville South Carolina Plant Swap
Greenville Glen will be hosting a Spring Plant Swap...
tbug
I'm back after a long hiatus, and wow!
Hi everyone, I haven't been on GardenWeb for a while,...
minuet_7a
Decidious Magnolias Toast Sunday Morning?
Most decidious mags are blooming their beautiful pink...
jqpublic
Need plant id
Hi friends, Could somebody I'd this tree. The fruit...
vidnand
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™