Does anyone here know how to graft different color into one???

olympia_gardener(5)September 14, 2012

I have red, white and yellow. I am thinking of reduce three plants into one to save space in winter time. Does anyone knows how to graft Brugs? Appreicate anyone shares this particular skills and knowledge

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crocuscottage

Hmmm, I think I will have to try this, sounds very interesting!

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 8:17PM
knotz(8/PNW SWWA)

I don't do grafting, but I do plant two different brugs in the same pot...It's been interesting :)

Bookmark   September 18, 2012 at 12:03AM
kasha77

You can do a google search on grafting, or check out you tube video. I'm sure there's someone who's tried it before!

Bookmark   September 18, 2012 at 2:34PM
crocuscottage

Now with winter fast approaching here on Long Island, I will have plenty of "spare parts" to give this a try.
Will try grafting a stem cutting onto a stem cutting, perhaps a "Pink Beauty" onto a Charles, or a Sauvions onto a Charles, or Ecuador Pink onto Charles.....I figure that the lack of foliage on the stem cuttings will allow the graft to "take", and the bud on the rootstock will give me the base color....this should be fun????

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 8:06PM
AmyR5

I would do the grafting in steps, easiest if you have a base brug that already had some stem splits near the base. Where you have a split, you can do a diagonal cut on one half and graft to the cut, this will give you a two color plant. Then graft the third color on a slightly higher split or another stem. Online instructions for grafting are pretty easy - line it up well and bind it per instructions.

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 11:33AM
olympia_gardener(5)

Crocuscottage, I notice you are in Long Island. I hope you and your family are all OK. Hope all fellow GW members in Sandy's path all safe.

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
Malted barley Teas
I always end up with extra cuttings so I root them...
rednofl
New to brugs
I've not grown brugs before but have admired them for...
Vikki
How many cuttings in one pot?
I have 12 cuttings in water that have lengthy roots...
bdw75
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
Brugmansia cuttings
Hi I am trying to see if anyone has brugmansia cuttings...
marcie_new
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™