really O.T. lighting a candle for 911

plantlover49(6B)September 11, 2011

I hope no one fogets that day, I know I won't

Elizabeth

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tommysmommy(Colorado)

Was just watching an NBC special about it and we rang bells at church, sang songs relating to God's supremacy despite everything, Pretty awful to rewatch the events, yet we must never forget. That sounds trite, but it's true. I surely do remember everything about it.

Bookmark   September 11, 2011 at 7:13PM
rmbill(6a)

Some things we will never forget. Unfotunately, the younger people didn't see it happen and it won't have the same impact on them and they won't feel the same way. I am aware of Pearl Harbor but I am sure that those that lived it have much stronger feelings.
Bill

Bookmark   September 11, 2011 at 7:57PM
maile_2010(4 Central MN)

Every body hates us but every body wants us. Don't EVER forget.
Jerry

Bookmark   September 11, 2011 at 10:26PM
Ament(5a SD)

My daughter was born in 95 and remembers it. Of course, it kind of affects military children differently than civilian children. She watched some of the things on tv with me tonight, cried right along with me too. It's terribly hard for her and I both to watch. We're both very sensitive to others. Empathic nearly. It's so bad that we both nearly never go out into large crowds when major events happen that cause high emotions like stress or pain. Neither of us can handle it.

Even after 10 yrs, We both had to walk out of the room to gather ourselves together. Some things just never stop hurting. We will never forget.

~Tina

Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 2:23AM
karyn1(7a)

I think that everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing on that Tuesday morning. My oldest remembers, my middle child doesn't and my youngest hadn't been born. I think it was especially scary for those in Manhattan and the DC area, as well as other major metropolitan centers. Maybe all of us felt like targets. I think that was the first time in recent history that Americans really felt vulnerable.

Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 6:28AM
chena(z8 Texas)

Don't forget Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995. My Mother could feel the blast at her house..Bombed by Timothy McVeigh..

I saw the plane hit the second Tower.. I WILL Never Forget!!!!

Kylie

Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 3:40PM
More Discussions
Brugmansia cuttings wanted
I'm looking for Brugmansia cuttings I'll pay postage...
rowtow
WANTED: Rooted Cuttings. Any Variety
I spent a small fortune on small UNROOTED cuttings,...
poohbearlvr
Screwed By 7servant7
Well, Take a Look At The Picture 7servant7 Is Displaying...
byrd4460
goodgirl35us
Chocolate Brug
Gm, This is Eddie. Can you please email me at Eddie.Stiltner@my.lr.edu I...
eddiedewayne
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™