Brunnera Jack Frost Question

blondiescApril 9, 2009

Does anyone have experience with this brunnera? I live in the Midlands of SC, borderline zone 7b/8a. I've read that Jack Frost does not tolerate humidity very well. I'd love to try one but the humidity issue makes me hesitant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tammy Kennedy

Not sure if mine is jack frost, but it si a avery silvered brunnerra and it's on it's 3rd year now. I'm impressed even if it hasn't increased in size (given that the past 2 years were droughts). It doesn't ook wonderful during the hottest part of the yr but i don't think it completely went dormant like i expected it to.

Bookmark   April 9, 2009 at 7:24PM
brenda_near_eno(Z7a)

My Jack Frost does OK. It has made one baby in 4 years. I like the plain green - it does very well. Also Brunnera macrophylla 'Langtrees'is spotted and spreads, as well as seeds itself around freeley. Maybe not as showy as Jack Frost per leaf, but better overall frosted effect for me, since plants are bigger and more spread around.

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 6:18AM
roberta_nc(Zone 7 NC)

I love this plant! I am in Cary, zone 7. I have had several plants in shady, moist area for the past 3 years and it does very well. It is beautiful right now with its silvery leaves and tiny blue flowers. It does die back some in the heat of summer but in spring it is wonderful.

Bookmark   April 12, 2009 at 4:56PM
More Discussions
Michelia figo
Is anyone in NC successfully growing Banana Shrub,...
transplanted2scin07
butterfly habit Greensboro
Planning a butterfly habitat in Greensboro (church...
jimfnc
Copper Canyon Daisy
Does anyone know where i can find seed or plants of...
Ralph Whisnant
Agave victoria-reginae hardiness
Hi, Has anyone successfully grown these outside in...
seedmoney
onions from seed; one more try
I've struggled to grow onions from seed and have tried...
thomis
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™