Pink Brug bloom emerging green?

pelagikos14(7)September 1, 2010

Hey ya'll. I have my 1st brug bloom emerging. I'm new to this plant this year & I'm confused! The bloom is coming out lemon-lime green.... It was marked pink. I understand that the blooms can & do change color. But was curious to see if any of you long-timers could tell me if this looks like a possible 'pink', OR is it just too early to know?

Thanks so much!

Holly

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53248659@N08/4949

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kasha77

Hi Holly-
For some reason I couldn't access your photo.
But it sounds like your flower is normal to me. Mine do that too, then the next few days they turn to their right color. I think they are beautiful at every stage. Below are a few photos to show you what I mean- this is a young Dola bloom- I can't find a mature blossom photo at this time to show you how dark it gets.I do have a photo of it in a former post. Hope that helps!
kasha77

Bookmark   September 1, 2010 at 9:53PM
karyn1(7a)

That's not unusual at all. It might be fully open with the greenish color for a day before it starts pinking up. Congrats on your 1st bloom.

Bookmark   September 1, 2010 at 10:13PM
pelagikos14(7)

Hey Kasha! I'm reposting the pic. Thank you for the photos. The first one is almost identical to the color I described. That is reassuring to me. I also like all the colors in brugmansias I've see, but wanted a pink. ;) You're pics are beautiful! And Karyn, thanks again for your info. I love GW! Such nice, helpful people here! :D

Here is a link that might be useful: pink brug bloom?

Bookmark   September 1, 2010 at 10:28PM
pelagikos14(7)

It opened tonight!!! The smell is OTHERWORLDLY! I can't even begin to describe the scent, maybe lemony fading to Gardenia? I just love it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Day 3 Pink Noid brug bloom. YAYYyyYyyy!

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 7:25PM
kasha77

Great! So happy for you! Sounds heavenly! Must be a keeper!
kasha77

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 9:29PM
threas(z7 PA)

Congratulations! I remember my first brug bloom!!! you would have thought I had a baby!LOL

Theresa

Bookmark   September 3, 2010 at 7:28AM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Did it pink up? That's a nice looking yellow, I would be happy to have a plant that bloomed yellow like that.

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 3:40AM
pelagikos14(7)

Actually no! But it's beautiful anyway. :D I have several new blooms now & they start out the gorgeous yellow & then blush a fantastic peachy yellow that reminds me of a tequila sunrise color. Its just lovely. I have 2 rooted cuttings that I'll share if someone can tell me how to ship them.... For I haven't a clue. Lol

Here is a link that might be useful: pink noid not really pink!

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 9:08AM
threas(z7 PA)

That's beautiful! Congratulations!
To mail out cuttings, I wrap moist paper towel around the bottom and then use plastic wrap, then you could wrap in newspaper and put in a box and get it weighed to ship priority. It's usually cheaper than the flat rate boxes from the post office, unless the contents are really heavy.

Theresa

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 3:22PM
pelagikos14(7)

Thanks for the information Theresa! :D Glad to know it can be that simple. Now maybe I will go on over to the proper forum & list the cuttings. I also wanted to post that I may be finally able to end this thread, as I have over twenty blooms now & they are all NOT PINK, LOL! But alas I am left with a gorgeous NOID & I'm satisfied with that.

**Side note : With all these fragrant night-time blooms we had a really neat visitor last night. My husband thought it was a hummingbird, but upon research I discovered it was the LARGEST Sphinx moth I've ever seen. Just Awesome.
I will try to post pix if it returns this evening!

Bookmark   September 10, 2010 at 9:00AM
More Discussions
Finally able to retrieve my brugmansia....now what?!?
Hello everyone. I am hoping one of you experts will...
rnb68
quick question
Should I cut off all the bottom growth so I have one...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Brugmansia cuttings wanted
I'm looking for Brugmansia cuttings I'll pay postage...
rowtow
Need Brugs Cuttings
Hello, a few yrs back a very nice woman on this forum...
gardenlady48
How many cuttings in one pot?
I have 12 cuttings in water that have lengthy roots...
bdw75
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™