Mbuckmaster, happy hour??

nannerbelle(8A)April 20, 2009

Here is a link to my HB feeder I told you about that DH made for me. Pull up a stool and enjoy the happy hour!! Enjoy!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hummingbird Happy Hour

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tamelask(z8a NC)

nanner- how do you clean it? Where are instructions to make one?

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 12:27AM
mbuckmaster(7B/NC)

Wow!!!! Very impressive, nanner. Kudos to you and your husband. I wish I were a hummer in your area! =)

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 7:34AM
nannerbelle(8A)

Tamelask, the end can be screwed off and a long bottle brush for the main body, then I picked up some of those little tiny brushes for the flowers. Thanks for the kind words from both of you!! We did enjoy coming up with the engineering on this and making it. I don't have any written instructions, but basically, it's a couple of pieces of PVC, threaded end caps, a T in the middle. I ordered the little yellow flowers off line from Perky Pet. Then a half gallon Smirnoff bottle, you will also use the baffle in the opening and the lid. Drill out the lid and press it into the Tee, then clean the bottle well and there is your nectar reservoir. The drilling things out is the pain, PVC is very slick so make sure you have a vice handy to hold onto the pipe. I also used a PVC paint that dries into a very hard shell. Good luck and post up yours should you decide to make one!! You may even have some better ideas to incorporate in!!

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 7:08PM
tamelask(z8a NC)

Nanner- thanks so much for the instructions! I was curious, because the thing i like best about the feeder i use now is that it's very easy to clean. It sounds like yours isn't too bad. That's awesome! kudos on the great design! Will post pix if we get around to making one.

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 10:19AM
nannerbelle(8A)

Oh I'm insistent on ease of cleaning!! Ive got 8 or so other feeders, and the only ones I use are the wide mouth bottles with bases that come apart for easy cleaning. Keep me posted and give me a shout if you have more questions. :-)

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
Copper Canyon Daisy
Does anyone know where i can find seed or plants of...
Ralph Whisnant
A New Year's Resolution
I resolve to co-exist with hairy bittercress. This...
dottie_in_charlotte
Agapanthus in the Triad Area?
Has anyone had any success growing Agapanthus in the...
GreenfingerGene
What's this cold doing to my Gardenias
I planted 2 Frost Proof Gardenia's last September....
Gigi z 7B, Upstate SC, USA
No Prunus Mume Blooms
My young prunus mume (red) was all budded in January...
Claire Pickett
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™