buy sour orange seeds

PULSEMEDFebruary 21, 2013

I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHERE I CAN OBTAIN SOME SOUR ORANGE SEEDS TO USE IN GROWING ROOTSTOCKS.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
subtropix

Have you tried any local Asian markets. My local Korean markets are loaded with them at this time of year. I have germinated them form store bought fruit--they are easier than sweet oranges in my opinion.

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 5:09PM
aslan89

Would you happen to live in Texas? We have at least two sour orange trees growing in our orchard that are covered in fruit. I'd be happy to send you some seeds if you live in Texas as I can't ship citrus material outside of the state.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 12:03AM
souf(9)

i live in texas... if you're still offering, i'd love to have some seeds aslan89

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 9:42PM
aslan89

Ok sure, just send me a message with your address and I'll send you some.

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 9:01PM
PULSEMED

I AM NEW TO GARDENWEB AND POSTING THESE MESSAGES. I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE GOING TO. I AM STARTING A SMALL FRUIT ORCHARD IN MY BACK YARD AND WILL HAVE ROOTSTOCK MATERIAL FOR ANY TYPE OF FRUIT TREE EXCEPT CITRUS. I HAVE MOST TYPES OF CITRUS, BUT NO ROOTSTOCKS. MY NURSERY SAID IF I COULD GET SOME SOUR ORANGE SEEDS, I COULD GROW THE SOUR ROOTSTOCKS JUST AS THEY DID, THEY JUST DIDN'T KNOW WHERE I COULD BUY THE SOUR ORANGE SEEDS IN SMALL QUANTITIES. ASIAN89 SAID THAT THEY WOULD SEND ME SOME SOUR ORANGE SEEDS AND I APPRECIATE THAT. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO RESPOND BECAUSE THIS IS NOT THE TYPE OF E-MAIL I AM USE TO. THANKS TO ALL WHO CAN HELP. I WILL HELP IN RETURN IF I HAVE SOMETHING YOU WANT.

KEN McRAE
202 MOBILE DRIVE
TYLER, TEXAS 75703
(903) 561-9420

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 4:21PM
abjones116

aslan89,

Do you still have any seeds available?

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 1:33AM
Tyler-1999(8b)

Hello aslan89,
Do you still have any of the sour orange seeds available? I have been looking online and in local garden centers for some sour orange rootstock seeds, but have not found any in small quantities. I would like to try my hand at grafting and I would like to grow to rootstock from seed which is why I'm asking. I live in Texas. Thank you for your time.

Bookmark   June 15, 2014 at 10:23AM
More Discussions
Sap on citrus leaves, but no insects
I have been studying the many comments regarding sap...
diekle
Meyer Lemon Plant
I bought a Meyer Lemon plant from Lowes. It was green...
scarlett2
Flies on my Grapefruit tree
I live in the Phoenix AZ area, was tending to my grapefruit...
robbversion1
Looking for a good LED grow light
Can anyone suggest a good LED grow light to be the...
theriguy
Bugs 15
Ok. I've had enough of having to wait forever to get...
mikerno_1micha
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™