Clematis rogouchi and buff beauty?

Lilyfinch z7 mid tnFebruary 5, 2012

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone could help me. I was considering planting a rogouchi Clem with my buff Beaty rose. It's still small but will get to about 4-5 ft tall and wide. I kinda want a blue Clem to play off the apricot color of the roses. Something that won't choke the rose . Do you think it'll work? After seeing all these fabulous combos in the other thread I realized I need to unleash some creativity !

If you have another suggestion for the rose please do share! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pmermakov(Zone 6 (OH))

Hi Lilyfinch, I just bought a used book for about five bucks off Amazon called, "Rose and the Clematis" [Hardcover] by John Howells. It has been most enjoyable to read and see the photos. He gives examples on how to pair up clematis to bloom at the same time as your roses and the best color combinations. He seemed to have about one dozen favorite clematis and about the same number of roses featured. The photos could be more vivid color, but over-all well worth the bargian price I paid.

I raise Rogouchi and it is an ideal clematis to let sprawl over other perennials. Rogouchi has the most adorable little bell shaped flowers!

Here is a link that might be useful: Book on Amazon

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 12:49PM
marquest(z5 PA)

I agree with pmermakov, Rogouchi is a great clematis. I am not good with rose survival so I teamed it with a varigiated leaf hydrangea.

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 1:21PM
carolfm(z7upstate SC)

I have Rooguchi paired with Crepuscule which is a similar color combination. Rooguchi isn't a clinger. It grows straight up through the rose and blooms all summer long. I really love it. It hasn't choked my Crepuscule or caused any problems.

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 12:41PM
plantloverkat zone 9a north Houston(zone 9a)

What a lovely pairing of plants, carolfm. Thank you for posting this photo.

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 4:52PM
More Discussions
Clematis Princess Kate
Hmm, a new Texensis, looks pretty spiffy. Let's see...
boday
Question on a vendor
Hi, Has anyone ever purchased clematis from a vendor...
bellarosa
Anyone Heard of Summerstone Nursery?
I found this site accidentally - they have about 25...
alameda/zone 8
clematis paired with climbing rose
I've ordered 12 Madame Carriere climbing bareroot roses...
CarlaCP
transplanting ?
My friend is getting rid of (throwing away) a clem...
sorie6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™