Experience with Klehm's Song Sparrow Farm and Nursery?

Julia NY(6)February 26, 2011

I was looking for a particular clematis and this nursery popped up on the google search. I see it is on the "list of sellers" here on the forum. I was looking for feedback(health of plants received, customer service, etc) from those who have ordered from them online as to their personal experience. I checked Garden Watchdog but didn't see them listed.

Thanks

Julia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bob414(USDA 9, Sunset 15)

If you go back to garden watchdog and search for Klehm's Song Sparrow Perennial Farm you will find them. I tried to post a link but gardenweb thought it was spam. I've never ordered from them so can't offer a personal opinion.

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 2:01PM
pmermakov(Zone 6 (OH))

Hi, I ordered from Klehm's last fall and was well pleased with the quality and size of the plants. The shipping was on the high side (I thought!), but the box was much larger in size than expected and very well packed. I think the clematis was in 1 quart pots. I hope this helps.
Mercy

Here is a link that might be useful: Klehm's Songs Sparrow

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 5:46PM
michael_in_chicago(z5)

I have ordered from them before and liked both the size of the clematis and the customer service I've gotten. Their catalogs are also lovely.

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 7:18PM
bonitamariposa(5)

I've purchased clematis Florida Sieboldi in 2004 and H.F. Young in 2003 from Klehm's and both of these clematis are still thriving in my yard. Although their shipping is on the high side, they have very good quality plants.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 10:09AM
Julia NY(6)

Thank you all for the feeback. I did finally find them on Garden Watchdog but didn't see too much feedback within the past 2 years on clematis that buyers received.
I do agree with others who mentioned the high shipping costs. Scratching my head on their pricing for shipping when compared to other well known sites. They are at least double in cost.
Is there something special with their shipping? Plants appear to be the same size as you would buy at other online sites.

Julia

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 1:15PM
More Discussions
Need 2 clematis that go well together
Hello. I am putting in a new trellis that gets full...
suz9601
Is Sweet Autumn Clematis Appropriate?
My neighbors utility vehicles are parked right up to...
florananny
clematis paired with climbing rose
I've ordered 12 Madame Carriere climbing bareroot roses...
CarlaCP
Pruning???
A friend gave me a clematis, and I know very little...
organizedsarah
Clematis heaving out of the ground?
Hi. I have a 4 year old Jackmanii clem that has begun...
lismari
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™