Kivistik Clematis --wanted photos and sources

pmermakov(Zone 6 (OH))February 9, 2012

Hi! I have become increasingly interested in collecting Kivistik clematis after seeing how my Silmakivi established itself quickly (I bought it in 2010)and bloomed like crazy for me last year. From my Internet hunting, I found that Brushwood and Hummingbird Farms offers a fair number of the Kivistik clematis. Brushwood is sold out of MARMORI, which is high on my wish list. Does anyone have any idea who might be selling Marmori here in the USA?

Brushwood sells the following Kivistik (noted if currently sold out):

Juuli

Huvi

Kauntiar (sold out)

Ilka (sold out)

Marmori (sold out)

Minister

Mikelite

Rahvarinne

Piilu

Pohjanael

Reiman (sold out)

Ristimagi (sold out)

Roko Kolla (sold out)

Ruutel

Rituaal (sold out)

Romantika

Silmakivi (sold out)

Semu (sold out)

Tartu

Trikatrei

Viola (sold out)

Hummingbird has:

Huvi

Ilka

Miniseelik

Piilu

Ruutel

Silmakivi

Viola

Silver Star Vinery offers a few as well. If you have any photos of your Kivistik Clematis, I would love to see them. Here is my photo of Silmakavi:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plantloverkat zone 9a north Houston(zone 9a)

I too hope to purchase more of these from the Kivistik collection and have had trouble finding photos of many of them. Google has just an image search function that you can use to search for photos with "clematis....", and I have also searched for "image clematis ...." on Yahoo. I did come across Roogoja Farm's website which has lots of photos. In the link below, you can click on "Clematis" in the left bar, and when you scroll down the page, there will be a table of around 45 of what they consider the best clematis they have bred. (If you are like me, this will probably cause you to desire varieties not available in the US). If you click on an individual variety, it will take you to the photos of that variety in the gallery section. If you just want to skip the table and go straight to the photos, click on the "Clematis gallery" link instead and scroll down through the photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kivistik collection at Roogoja Farm

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 10:49AM

Here is a link for New Eden's Pride of Place plants that has a table with about 15 clematis varieties from the Kivistik collection. They give a longer description of each variety in their table, and if you click on the thumbnail photo, you will get to see it in a larger size.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kivistik collection at New Eden

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 10:56AM

Here is an old thread with photos of Mikelite and Juuli.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mikelite, Juuli and friends

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 11:25AM
pmermakov(Zone 6 (OH))

Thank you Plantloverkat, for your help. I checked out the links. I wish it was as easy to order from Canada as out of state.
Thanks again!

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 12:21PM
More Discussions
ianrtaylor
Need advice for rehabing clematis
I had a Duchess of Edinburgh (Type 2) growing on both...
subk3
New bed ideas....would like clematis included.
Hello. I am putting in a new bed this Spring. I am...
suz9601
Clematis Question?
I am just giving my clematis (Guernsey Cream) a very...
gardenbug
Plans for 2015
This forum has been quiet for so long... so maybe it'll...
Michaela .:. thegarden@902 .:. (Zone 5b - Iowa)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™