Duchess of Albany

blondiescMarch 18, 2009

I have 6 clematis and they have all come out of dormancy except for Duchess of Albany. No signs of life on her. Does anyone know if she is typically later than most?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nckvilledudes(7a NC)

I have her on the north side of my house and she typically shows up later than others since she doesn't get direct sun until later in the season. If yours is similarly planted in a more shady exposure than your other clematis that are showing growth, that could be a cause. I wouldn't give up on her yet as she is a strong performer and grower in my garden.

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 5:06PM
blondiesc

Thank you for the response. I'll keep watching and waiting. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Bookmark   March 20, 2009 at 9:02AM
butterclem(z6 W.PA)

My DofA is planted on the south side of my house, along with a lot of other clematises. Most things have been up and pruned for at least a week. I was a little worried about DofA, but she's finally up today with lots of little leaf buds. I don't know if this tardiness is because she blooms later or not.

Of course this doesn't explain two others that still aren't up -- Chatsworth and Bonanza -- but I won't panic till April.

Pat

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 5:34PM
More Discussions
Aack! Clay soil!
Late one night in throes of my new clematis obsession,...
cohouser
Question on a vendor
Hi, Has anyone ever purchased clematis from a vendor...
bellarosa
Need 2 clematis that go well together
Hello. I am putting in a new trellis that gets full...
suz9601
Buckland Beuaty
This is one of my favourite clematis
ianrtaylor
Is Sweet Autumn Clematis Appropriate?
My neighbors utility vehicles are parked right up to...
florananny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™