I finally found a dalechampia!

hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)December 21, 2012

Trying to get back into the gardening groove, so I went shopping :) I found six-packs of foxgloves and my favorite colored violas, and a dalechampia. I feel good about this, because we had to take down our spectacular potato vine for the insurance company, and we had two bare arbors. Now there will only be one left undressed.

Oh, and I couldn't resist the chameocyparus (sp?) obtusa with the gorgeous golden foliage. I know it will probably die here, but I didn't get a Christmas tree this year, okay?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
onederw

Ooooh -- eyecatching color. Had to look it up. Bow tie vine. But there are more questions to be asked--
Which violas are your favorites?
And why on earth would your insurance company have a hate on for your potato vine?

Kay

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 1:08AM
hoovb zone 9 sunset 23

Cool! Yeah, what grudge did the insurance company have against a poor potato vine?

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 2:32AM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Insurance companies hate vines that cover roofs, because they are fire hazards. My friend Jane just had to kill her bougainvillea to please Allstate. The potato vine was glorious, but it probably was a fire hazard. It was covering half of Mikey's office. I took this picture before it came down.

I love the orchid colored violas. I go on a quest for them each year. I also like the deep red ones and the orange ones. I can't grow pansies very well, but I got that lovely rose and white one- just one six-pack. I have no place for them so I'll dump them on my mom :)

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
Lattice grid pavers and what to plant
Using these to make a walkway in the alley that connects...
oberci
Veggie season?
what are you all planting in the veggie garden lately?...
slowjane CA/ Sunset 21
Is there an "easy" red Kangaroo paw???
I planted 2 "Big Red" KP about a month ago....
Sabine Halfhill
Echium wildpretii. "Tower of jewels"
Anyone have experience with these? I planted seeds....
llilibel03
Dymondia
Hi all! I planted some dymondia as a groundcover last...
Sabine Halfhill
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™